Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Forum Member

Cache for the new Apple iPad Pro?

Does the new Apple iPad Pro fit any of the Tom Bihn Caches?

If none fit, would anyone in these forums favor Tom Bihn producing a Cache to fit this new large tablet?

The new iPad looks like it's almost a MacBook Air, at least when fitted with the keypad-lid. I was wondering if it would fit in a Bihn Brain Cell.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forum Member
    I have a Retina 13 cache for my Surface Pro 3 and the iPad Pro looks to be about the same size as an SP3 so that might work.
    Jason
    Tri-Star | Brain Bag | Medium Cafe Bag | Various odds and ends

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're designing (in fact, it might already be done!) a new size of Cache (in both Horizontal and Vertical orientations) for the new iPad Pro and expect it will be in stock and available for order by mid-October. It'll fit in any bags that fit the Cache for the 13" MacBook Air.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're designing (in fact, it might already be done!) a new size of Cache (in both Horizontal and Vertical orientations) for the new iPad Pro and expect it will be in stock and available for order by mid-October. It'll fit in any bags that fit the Cache for the 13" MacBook Air.
    Good to know. I just compared specs and the Surface Pro 3 and iPad Pro are almost the same size (iPad is about .5" taller and wider) so your iPad Pro Cache will make a good SP3 Cache as well.
    Jason
    Tri-Star | Brain Bag | Medium Cafe Bag | Various odds and ends

Hi,

Will the iPad Pro outfitted with both the Apple Silicone back cover & the Apple Smart Keyboard fit inside the new Pro Cache ?

Thanks

Kevin

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpiper View Post
    Hi,

Will the iPad Pro outfitted with both the Apple Silicone back cover & the Apple Smart Keyboard fit inside the new Pro Cache ?

Thanks

Kevin
    I just received the iPad Pro Cache and can confirm it will fit with the Smart Keyboard and Silicone Case installed, however it is a very snug fit. I am not sure if the material will stretch out and make it a bit easier to insert & remove from the cache.

I do have a 13" MBP Retina Cache as well and the iPad Pro with Keyboard and Case fit perfectly in there with a slight gap since the iPad is much thinner than the MBP even with the Keyboard and Case installed.