Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Hey!

This thread serves as a place to discuss new colors and designs recently added to the website. It's a good place to ask if new colors are coming, comment on new colors or designs we've just added, or post anything else you can think of.

We, the TB crew, update a different Forum thread with a new post each time we add new colors or designs to the website; people can subscribe to that thread to receive an email every time we post a new message to it (between 2-5 times a week). In that way, it serves as an email list of sorts that instantly notifies folks when we add new stuff to the web. Public responses/posts to that thread are closed so that those who subscribe are only emailed official TB crew updates to the stock.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Oooh, that Azure/Steel MCB looks gorgeous, now I have to go find Paul's thread about what fits in it and then maybe I can console myself for missing out on the Smart Alec with a MCB instead.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Still hoping for dyneema DL backpack to reappear!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Still hoping for dyneema DL backpack to reappear!
    Right now the Daylight Backpack seems to be available in black Dyneema!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Right now the Daylight Backpack seems to be available in black Dyneema!
    We just added them back! As in, a minute or so before you posted. And there's only two (until we get our next shipment of 400d Black Dyneema from Japan) so as soon as those two are gone the option will be removed.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Oh NO! Did I miss out on the Aubergine Smart Alec right before we get a guest from the States who's willing to bring stuff?! Aieee...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    Oh NO! Did I miss out on the Aubergine Smart Alec right before we get a guest from the States who's willing to bring stuff?! Aieee...
    Wow! I saw the Aubergine Smart Alec on the web site just on Friday (July 31, 2015). Send an email?

@adalangdon This wasn't listed in the new colors/items in the earlier post, but did you see that Clear Organizer Wallets in Azure just showed up on the web page? I think you were looking for that.

moriond

ETA: @Abby, maybe they could bring you a new Aubergine/Zest Aeronaut 45 instead as consolation? I see that's showing on the Aeronaut 45 page, along with Black Dyneema/Island (and Black Ballistic/Island), all with "Updated Today" messages.
    Last edited by moriond; 08-02-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Forum Member
    You and me both!!! I have an email in to the TB Crew to see if there is still one floating around, but based on Darcy's update I have a feeling not. Hopefully it's just temporarily "backordered" and will be listed again once more are made (and if I get my wish, the new ones would have NW Sky or Zest interior instead of Wasabi. . . . a girl can dream!)

In the meantime, I've ordered a lovely Azure/Steel MCB to console myself, and I'm very excited because I've been on the hunt for something in Azure since I saw it at the store last month!

ETA - yes, the Black/Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec was on the site as of at least late on Thursday July 30, but it was gone by about 1pm on Friday because that's about the time I gave in and went to order it. . . . only to find it gone!
    Last edited by Meglet; 08-02-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Rambling On. . . . .

So glad my aubergine SA arrived last week!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    @ Meglet, I emailed them too, but it sounds like yours got there first. And yes, YES to different interior color. Aubergine on the outside and Island on the inside would be... well, let's just say I would probably take that backpack to bed with me. But if it's not in stock in the next week, it has to wait until October and my next work trip. Alas.

@moriond, I already have an Aubergine A45. I think the husband might raise his eyebrows at two identical bags with different lining colors. Since I can't very well claim that the second purple bag is for him!

I'm curious - why so much steel?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I see that's showing on the Aeronaut 45 page, along with Black Dyneema/Island (and Black Ballistic/Island), all with "Updated Today" messages.
    Are these already gone along with the Dyneema Daylight Backpack? These colors are not listed on their pages. You can still see them on the pages with multiple products.

Things move fast!

Forum Member
    I missed out on the daylight in dyneema, aaaa

Forum Member
    @ Meglet, I emailed them too, but it sounds like yours got there first. And yes, YES to different interior color. Aubergine on the outside and Island on the inside would be... well, let's just say I would probably take that backpack to bed with me. But if it's not in stock in the next week, it has to wait until October and my next work trip.
    Island is a bit more blue than my usual tastes, but I certainly wouldn't turn it down. There is an Aubergine/Zest photo on the A30 page, though, and WOW!!! Sincerely hoping that comes back in the Smart Alec.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Dyneema Daylight Backpack… gone! Aaaaaa
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy and Burnt Orange Side Effects, Burnt Orange and French Blue DLBPs, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Dyneema S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast