Here's a list of forum rules and guidelines that we've been working on. We'd like your feedback - on the rules/guidelines listed below and if you think there's anything we've missed. Thanks!
1) Feel free to lurk or jump right in with a question or comment. You may, however, want to use the Search function first to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's a thread already started on the topic that you had wanted to discuss.
2) Linking to and discussing other bag manufacturers in the right context is perfectly acceptable. If you're trying to decide between different brands of bags, or if you need to ask a whether a different manufacturers bag or accessory will work with a TOM BIHN bag, feel free to discuss or link. Posting a review or an in-depth discussion strictly about another manufacturers product is best kept to that particular manufacturers forum or website. And if you join our forums and then start posting links to other sites, we're gonna be thinking you're probably a spammer of some kind. We try to stay as on-topic as possible, and the topic here is TOM BIHN bags. Speaking of which: TOM BIHN only builds our own original designs and styles, so you needn't bother posting a link to a different manufacturer's design and suggesting that we make it too. It's just not something we do: at TOM BIHN, we make our designs, which come from our own inspiration. And we assure you: that keeps us plenty busy.
3) Selling your TOM BIHN bag directly through these forums is not allowed. Sites such as eBay and craigslist are set up specifically to handle such transactions and we are not. You are welcome to post a link to your eBay or craigslist (or other such similar site) auction or sale of your TOM BIHN bag in the sticky thread designated for such posts in the Just for registered members section of the forums.
4) Be friendly and polite to your fellow forum members. But we don't need to tell you that: all of you are already awesome.
5) If there is a post that you feel needs our attention - whether it is inappropriate to these forums, when maybe we've missed a question that should be answered, or simply an awesome photo or bag review that should be posted on our blog - please email a link to the forum thread to us. We read the forums regularly, but it's possible for us to miss posts or threads when we're busy doing other stuff, like making bags.
6) Have something you'd like to share with the TOM BIHN Forums community that isn't related to bags? Post it in our "Not About Bags" forum.
7) No trolls (elves, hobbits and Ents are OK) That means: pointless, thoughtless negativity isn't okay here. If you disagree with something or someone, that's okay of course, but be able to back up it up with some thoughtfulness. It's good for all of us to remember that just because we personally might not like something, it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't (or doesn't) either. To sum it up: treat others as you'd wish to be treated and with mutual respect.
8) Last but not least: keep doing what you're doing. We love reading your posts and appreciate your thoughtful responses to other members questions, feedback, sense of humor, and general coolness.