Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Unexpected One Week Trip to CA

I love to plan my packing for trips well in advance and my mind has been in my next trip to London. But, I will be heading out to CA shortly to lend a hand to one of the most important people in my life -- my cousin, best friend, and role model -- as she begins her battle against cancer. Her prognosis is very good and I feel honored that she asked me to be there to provide support.

Here is what I've thrown together (I'm sure I can do laundry, but I don't want to have to think about it):
    In large WF cube:
    7 shirts
    1 thin hoodie
    1 pair of pants
    2 skirts
    1 pair of shorts
    PJs
    Unmentionables
    Socks

PCSB:
    3 sets of workout clothes
    Belt
    Hair clip
    Face wipes
    Antibacterial wipes
    Baseball cap
    Hipsister band (to hold my phone/ID while working out)

3-1-1 bag
    Tumi accessor bag with makeup, brush
    Sonicare toothbrush
    Small Nordic pouch meds kit
    Mini UV pouch with earbuds
    Medium Azalea DOP with notes, pens, paperwork
    Size 1 Iberian TSS with power adapters
    ETA: slippahs (flip flops) in the lavender bag

Not pictured all spread out is my 11" MBA but you'll see it all packed. I think that's it, but my mind is fuzzy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

My thoughts are with your cousin, @Pokilani-- hope she gets well soon.

Pokilani my very best wishes and all the healthy vibes I can send via the WWW for you to take to your cousin.

(Great pictures and packing-list and LOVE the Nordic but can not press like on a post with cancer in it.)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Pokilani, I hope the beautifully packed WF helps your travels go smoothly, and that your cousin's battle against cancer also goes smoothly. I'll be sending thoughts of good health, too.

Thanks, all. Unexpected One Week Trip to CA

Soon it dies.
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Forum Member
    Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy and complete remission for your cousin.

Volunteer Moderator
    @Pokilani, All the best to your cousin. I'll be sending good thoughts both your ways. And it's great that she has strong support from you, to see her through, and help her to a rapid recovery.

moriond

I'm on my way back home with the amazing WF! I think I love this bag more than my A30, especially in needing my laptop for this trip.

My cousin is doing amazingly well! So well, in fact, that she raved about my shop bag when we were on a little outing last night. Wanting to share the SB love, I left her with my lovely Steel SB. Now I have to add one to my back order!

Thanks again for all the warm wishes and positive vibes for my cousin (and me). I'm really just stunned by her quick recovery. It mostly felt like a vacation!

Soon it dies.
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Pokilani so glad to hear about your cousin being all better. What a very great way to be able to get around that bag ban. That Shop Bag will be like a seed that will grow into a beautiful dynemma-colord plant :-).

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

@Pokilani Glad your cousin is responding well to treatment.
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy and Burnt Orange Side Effects, Burnt Orange and French Blue DLBPs, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Dyneema S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).