Aeronaut solo debut packing list
I went to San Diego for a conference and was there for 6 days, 5 nights. I had to have office casual attire and I usually wear jeans and a knit top for flights (and Birki clogs, carry coat if weather is iffy on either end). If you don't think this is an impressive list, I'm tall and plush-sized and my clothes take up more room than a petite thin woman's clothes would.
* 6 pairs of undies, bra
* 3 pairs of dress pants
* 1 dressy tank top
* 1 dressy knit jacket
* 4 dressy lightweight tops
* 3 pairs of shoes (2 are sandals, ok?) -- btw, women's size 12M
* 1 TB Kit with cosmetics, assorted toiletry items (not filled all the way)
* 1 nightgown (I want to find a lighter one for travel)
* 1 slim leather cosmetic bag with medicines
* 1 1/2" 3 ring binder (music for my piano gig here)
* gifts for friends (chocolates, other goodies)
* TB 3d clear organizer cube (filled)
* 5 Odwalla protein bars
* 4 quart-sized ziploc bags
* TB Snake charmer with assorted necessary cords and a Monster Outlets to go-4.
* swimsuit, pareo, goggles, swim cap
* various other small necessities (handkerchief, silk scarf, knee highs)
I used several eBags packing cubes to keep things organized, which worked well. I was delighted with how well the Aeronaut worked for this trip. Next year's conference is in Philadelphia (Feb. 2011), and I don't know if I can have the same kind of success packing a winter week's worth of clothes, but with planning... we'll see!
Labor, Delivery, Recovery
One bagged it to the hospital for the birth of our son, Luca.
Nearly 30 lbs of stuff...First child, we didn't know. YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING!
Laptop - 15" MBPro (power cord, etc)
iHome for music (fit nicely in side pocket)
Toileteries for Mom and Dad - Mom went on a side pocket, dad tossed a few things in the main compartment flap.
Mom had a large Rick Steves packing cube with robe and clothes...don't remember what.
Luca and I had a two of the smaller bags for our limited clothes. I packed a few t-shirts, regular shirt, etc.
Plus there was an inch thick packet for our estate planning and magazines and books to read ... You don't need that either. Just rest.
Looking forward to making my decision to buy the Parental Unit or not... AHH!!!
let's just say - I don't recall what was all in it... but a lot of stuff. 30lbs worth... bag held up great and didn't even scream at me.
Thanks TB! (no - i didn't pack the baby in it for the trip home)
long vacation + travel for work
In February, I went on a long weekend trip to Savannah followed by two days of business each in SF and LV. total trip: 8 days
Needless to say my Aeronaut (steel) was a great travel companion.
I bundle wrapped everything.
2 pairs of jeans
6 shirts (dress/casual)
1 sweatshirt (light, dressy)
socks & underwear for each day (why not)
extra pair of dress shoes