Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: Box Art!

Box Art!

As much as I love Tom Bihn products, I don't know if you all have focused on the amazing boxes that our bags arrive in. Solid, sturdy, and easy to manage, these little treasures rarely leave in my recycling bin. I like to keep them for specialized shipping of gifts or the rare resold Tom Bihn goodie to its new home. My daughter saw my stash of boxes, though, and had a different idea. Why not take this amazing cardboard and turn it into a loom?

And that's just what she did (did I mention she was bored?)

Box Art!-compressed-weave-jpgBox Art!-img_2512-compressed-jpg

I think she has been doing a wonderful job! I'll try to snap another photo as she nears completion. I think she's planning on using her art piece to serve as a runner for something in her room.

I absolutely love how my kids can take a look at something and imagine it as a useful product in some completely unique way that I never thought of. I love how they enjoy the process. As a process person myself, that absolutely makes me smile!

Forum Member
    Very lovely! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. elisa

that's cool!

My husband takes all my Tom Bihn boxes. He has collected a bunch of parts and bits and pieces of things that he keeps in the garage. He uses the boxes to store them all in. Whenever I buy something from Tom Bihn, he says: "All right, a Tom Bihn order! Box please."

Forum Member
    That is such a creative use of the box! It's so wonderful that she is developing that process of thinking through useful ways to recycle.

Oh and is this Storm? I always hoped for a come back of that beautyfull color ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Oh and is this Storm? I always hoped for a come back of that beautyfull color ;-)

Ilkyway
    It sure does look rather storm-y like, doesn't it?

Just received this package yesterday. Love the Q-kits. Finally got a lg. packing cube for my TS; just in time for my trip to Tuscano next week. And thank you so much for the luggage tag!

Perfect quote!Box Art!-wp_20150910_12_53_28_pro-jpg
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Snake Charmer, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (w/Absolute, PCSB, Passport Pouch & lg Packing Cube)