I played a Halloween show with a big, local rock cover band this past Saturday. In the past I've used a combination of bags & aluminum gig briefcases for the many various pieces of gear used for live performances. This time I switched it up and went with my Co-Pilot to see if I could pull it off in one-bag. Guitar pedalboard by Pedaltrain (pictured on floor behind Co-Pilot) fully powered, wired, ready to plug into Budda Superdrive II 30W 2x12 guitar amplifier. Pedalboard fits into its own Pedaltrain gig bag, not pictured.
Contents in my Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot are mostly back-up items in case other parts of my live rig have any issues:
(3) 18 foot 1/4" instrument cables in main compartment
(2) 12 foot 1/4" instrument cables in main compartment
(1) Boss Acoustic Simulator guitar pedal (back-up in case had issues with my acoustic guitar, which I rarely do, but I've learned to have a back-up for almost every piece of gear)
(2) guitar capos in left rear pocket in main compartment
Many guitar picks (electric and acoustic), in-ear headphones, 9V batteries in UV medium clear organizer pouch in right rear pocket in main compartment
(6) 6 inch 1/4" guitar pedal patch cables in size 2 UV TSS in left front zippered vertical pocket
(6) 10 inch guitar pedal power cables in same size 2 UV TSS in left front zippered vertical pocket
(2) D'Addario 0.10 to 0.46 medium gauge electric guitar string packs in front of TSS in left front zippered vertical pocket
(1) D'Addario 0.12 to 0.52 medium light gauge acoustic guitar string pack in front of TSS in left front zippered vertical pocket
(1) Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner for acoustic guitar in right front zippered vertical pocket (out of bag, to the right of the pedalboard and plugged into front-of-house DI box)
(1) Leatherman in right front zippered vertical pocket
(1) Fulltone Plimsoul Overdrive/Distortion guitar pedal in middle water bottle zippered pocket (back-up pedal)
(1) Boss PSA AC power adapter (back-up power adapter)
I was amazed (ok, not really) that the Co-Pilot easily swallowed all of these items in quick fashion and I found them easy to access if needed. I have other gig ideas that I will explore with my TB bags and accessories in the near future.