Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!

Wow! When I saw the Maker’s Bag, I fell immediately in love with its looks – classic messenger style and full of pockets – Twelve by my count (and I think a record for TB bags). It was also made in my favorite material - Ballistic Nylon.

But then I heard that it would be also made in Black Dyneema AND in my favorite interior color – Iberian (there is also an Ultraviolet option too). Oh I was tempted but I had never had an all Dyneema bag and I was hesitant …. well I took the plunge and I am glad to say I LOVE this bag in all Dyneema!

I have used this bag to go back and forth to work as an EDC over the past few days and I really got to appreciate the space, dimensions and pockets of this new bag AND the greater flexibility of Dyneema.

Some observations:
    • Great to have two zippered pockets – one for docs in the main compartment and one easy access one in the front to securely hold things
    • Not one but two mesh pockets – great for water/coffee/tea mugs, umbrella and Bluetooth speakers!
    • Three large elastic pockets in the front of the main compartment – perfect for easy access organization
    • Main compartment can be very deep (thick) or thin as needed – so you can carry bulky items
    • Can “flip” the flap edge to easily get an things on the edge of the inside main compartment
    • Dyneema keeps its shape well when empty due to the edge piping and top black band
    • Wow – I can see everything inside due to the bright Iberian (or UV) Dyneema

I am officially now a Dyneema convert!

Here are some pictures of the fantastic Maker’s bag in Dyneema:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_exterior1-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_exterior2-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_interior3-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_interior4-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_interior5-jpg

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 11-30-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Looks great!

I almost bought this, but changed to the Steel/Iberian for variety (I have the DLBC in Dyneema).

Continuing the Dyneema love:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_exterior3-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_contents-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_interior1-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_dyneema_interior2-jpg

This last one is to show you another new debut - the Aid kits - I have the First Aid Kit shown in comparison to the Maker's Bag:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-tbmakers_firstaid2-jpg

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    @tpnl, thanks so much for your great pictures. It really helps me wrap my head around this new bag. I had a dyneema/UV Maker's bag in my cart but deleted it because I compared the dimensions to a large café bag and felt that with this bag being even thicker, it would be too large/bulky for my short frame. I'm 4'11" and I shy away from large bags in general. But your pictures have inspired me to maybe rethink the size and check it out in person. I realize the dyneema versions are already sold out, but I am hoping they will return.

Forum Member
    I was waffling on whether or not to order the bag. I too just ordered it in your colors. I think it may make sell something else.

Did you get a Freudian slip to try out?

tpnl I love your new bag! You make me like Black Dyneema more and more. And now that Iberian is kind of free (in my book) from not being first ais anymore as there are COOL and PORPER first and second aid kits now... Black Dyneema/Iberian might be in my futur. Can we have an inside shot of the First Aid?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

A knitter's view of the Black Dyneema/UV Maker's Bag:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-knitters-mb-jpg
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I really like how the Dyneema version carries cross-body for me. Here are are some pictures wearing the bag and comparison to the Ballistic version (Coyote) and its vertical cousin - the Ristretto

Maker's Bag in Dyneema:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-mb_dyneemaback-jpg

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-mb-dyneemaside-jpg

For the above pictures, I medium loaded my Maker's Bag making use of the Freudian Slip (a few files) and the Front Pockets (Camera, Second Aid Kit, Samsung Note 2) showing how it can keep things organized instead of everything at the bottom of bag. I am also carrying my 14" Dell E7440 in a hardcase. Below is how it looks inside:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-mb-dyneemainside-jpg

Maker's Bag in Coyote Ballistic:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-mb-coyoteback-jpg

Ristretto 13 in Black Ballistic:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-ristretto_blackback-jpg

Cheers!

Great comparision! And CHRISMESSY, yeay! Totay this house will clean all shoes in anticipation of hopefully Santa will fill them :-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    A knitter's view of the Black Dyneema/UV Maker's Bag:

There's a new Dyneema bag in town - the Maker's Bag!-knitters-mb-jpg
    @gochicken, how many balls/cakes/hanks/skeins fit comfortably in the Makers Bag (assuming 100 grams each)?

And....your circular 10-st blanket is GORGEOUS! Is that Noro Kureyon? The color transitions are so lovely!
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    @gochicken, how many balls/cakes/hanks/skeins fit comfortably in the Makers Bag (assuming 100 grams each)?

And....your circular 10-st blanket is GORGEOUS! Is that Noro Kureyon? The color transitions are so lovely!
    I just tried it and fit 14 (2 were 50 grams). Mine is ballistic, so I bet the Dyneema would hold even more. I had nothing else in the bag.

And I agree that the blanket is very lovely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk