Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I loaded the Pilot in mobile office mode with my 13" Samsung work computer in a Tb cache + external HD + All Cables & office supplies I current use (no planning... just throwed in) went to a meeting and in the way back just removed the tie, popped the Pilot in the DLBP and jumped in a motorcycle with a friend to go for lunch across town!

So much fun, just perfect!
    @eWalker - Nice! You always bring the fun to TB. :)
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Yup, @eWalker - Nice!
    Good work too, you just convince me to get a Daylight Backpack "someday".

By the way @eWalker, was your Pilot (showed in the Photo) loaded?
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, TT, YSS/Tall, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, MCB, OP/L
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCB, SC, DOP/M, COP/M

BrainCell Size1 M4600, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Yup, @eWalker - Nice!
    Good work too, you just convince me to get a Daylight Backpack "someday".

By the way @eWalker, was your Pilot (showed in the Photo) loaded?
    On that photo no, but I have used it loaded with my mobile office setup with success!

. Samsung 13" notebook in Cache
    . External Samsung Hd & Pen drives
    . Pens & pencils
    . A4 papers & folders
    . Cables & chargers
    . Pocket moleskine
    . Cell phones
    . Wallet
    . Snacks & candy
    . Small water bottle
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    So much to catch up!

Bravo, eWalker. :clap hands: (I hope TB Forum has more emoticon choices).
    I am really impressed. Thanks again, eWalker.

Now, patiently wait for a new color 400d Dyneema available "sometimes"
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, TT, YSS/Tall, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, MCB, OP/L
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCB, SC, DOP/M, COP/M

BrainCell Size1 M4600, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Bravo, eWalker. :clap hands: (I hope TB Forum has more emoticon choices).
    I am really impressed. Thanks again, eWalker.

Now, patiently wait for a new color 400d Dyneema available "sometimes"
    BTW: I love, love the last line of your signature!

Watching Mr. Spock digressions from an "outsider's" perspective on "the human condition" build the very foundations for all my minimalist, essentialist, right sizing, rationalizing tendencies! :)

And off course Baloo helped to start my "bear" personality!!

Last edited by eWalker; 07-28-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    So much to catch up!

DayLight BackPack & Pilot: Perfect Match!!

Now I really want a DLBP. Thanks, eWalker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

So I just ordered a Swift and a PCBP (Aeronaut) with the idea that I could use the PCBP to hold my (minimal) clothes, slide it in the Swift with my laptop and head out for a 1 night business trip. The PCBP allows pulling the clothing out and wearing on my back if the weight needs balancing or if I come home with papers, etc. from my trip.

Now I'm wondering if a Swift fits in a DLBP and vice versa. Or maybe a WF PCBP.

Anyone able to compare?

Packing list:
    Laptop (13 in?) in cache
    shirt, slacks, unders for 1 night
    3-1-1 bag
    wallet
    iphone
    Med YSS with project
    water bottle
    power cords
    Last edited by Saltgirl; 09-16-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgirl View Post
    So I just ordered a Swift and a PCBP (Aeronaut) with the idea that I could use the PCBP to hold my (minimal) clothes, slide it in the Swift with my laptop and head out for a 1 night business trip. The PCBP allows pulling the clothing out and wearing on my back if the weight needs balancing or if I come home with papers, etc. from my trip.

Now I'm wondering if a Swift fits in a DLBP and vice versa. Or maybe a WF PCBP.

Anyone able to compare?

Packing list:
    Laptop (13 in?) in cache
    shirt, slacks, unders for 1 night
    3-1-1 bag
    wallet
    iphone
    Med YSS with project
    water bottle
    power cords
    @Saltgirl, The Packing Cube Backpack for Aeronaut combination in the Swift that you ordered will work, and you can also carry a 13" laptop in a cache in that Swift. I'd consider trying to use the Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star/Western Flyer in a Swift extremely awkward, as you can read from my reply posts in the Swift + TriStar backpack packing cube? thread, which included a sample picture:

(Had to take this with the bag lying down, as there was no easy way to prop up the Swift with a packed PCSB for Tri-Star/Western Flyer inside and take a picture. I would personally never try to carry this combination around, since there's minimal clearance for hand-carrying, and shoulder carrying the Swift with this filled packing cube backpack inside is completely out for me.)

If you've just ordered a Swift, then it will be Ballistic Nylon, and you're not likely to want or easily be able to fold it to fit it into your Daylight Backpack, as you might do if the Swift were in Dyneema, Cordura (some older models from 3 years ago or more), or Cork (even older).

If you want a Backpack that you can drop a Swift into, consider the Smart Alec (although you should get comments from other forum members about how well this works if you expect to do this with a Swift that is packed to its gills, and I suspect the Dyneema Smart Alec may be slightly more accommodating here.)

And to give you a feeling of relative sizes, the Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star/Western Flyer shown in the excerpted picture is basically the same width as the Daylight Backpack -- the top of the Daylight Backpack is tapered, rather than rectangular, so that it matches the top curves of the Synapse 25.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    I was going to use the PCBP this way with the Co-Pilot. I like the handle of the Co-pilot when traveling with the Smart Alec through airports but once at the destination I like switch off between shoulder bag and small backpack. The Smart Alec is just bigger than I need for this purpose.

DLBP is on my short list of bags to think about but need to wait for Dyneema to come back in stock. So I can delay the decision a bit and see what the November launch brings us. I saw a post about someone wishing for a S19 in Dyneema but with lightweight straps like the DLBP. I think that would be a really cool very lightweight pack with organization that would pack into another bag more easily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2