Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Forum Member

Tynan includes S19 in his 2015 Gear Post

Tynan's 2011 gear post was what introduced me to Tom Bihn. He's still using his synapse!

I left this for last because it's become such a part of my life that it just blends in for the most part. It's not perfect (I hate the laptop compartment), but it's the best thing available now and works very well. In particular I love the organization, the size, and the design. It's fully functional and is inconspicuous enough that I'm constantly asked where my luggage is. I've had this one for years now and other than a little wear on the waterproof zippers, it looks brand new.

I was in the process of custom designing my own pack, but it was taking too long between iterations, so it's currently sitting in my closet unfinished. Maybe someday I'll do what it takes to get it into production, but it's looking unlikely.

This pack may not be on the list next year, only because it's half empty with all of my gear loaded into it. Maybe I can talk them into making a 15 liter version?
    The 2015 Gear Post - Tynan

He is one of the people I read who convinced me to get an S19. Now I own two. Haha!
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy and Burnt Orange Side Effects, Burnt Orange and French Blue DLBPs, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Dyneema S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Maybe someone should tell him about the DLBP? :)
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown View Post
    He is one of the people I read who convinced me to get an S19. Now I own two. Haha!
    That is really funny - the king of minimalist travel inspired your excess purchase...I almost died laughing :)
    "I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilarie Belloc (1870-1953)

However ..... “Not all those who wander are lost.” - J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    That is really funny - the king of minimalist travel inspired your excess purchase...I almost died laughing :)
    What to do,? The love of a good bag (or three) trumps minimalist living. Haha!
    @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Dyneema A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy and Burnt Orange Side Effects, Burnt Orange and French Blue DLBPs, Linen SCB, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Dyneema S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).