Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now I understand Shop Bag love

This was my most recent order. I've had it a few weeks now, and I use it pretty much every day. If I'm not using a backpack, I have the Small Shop Bag with me. It lives in my Copilot. It's the perfect library/grocery store/liquor store tote. The handles are amazing. Whatever superlative you've heard about them is true. They're flexible, padded, and very comfortable.

Here is the Small Shop Bag in its natural habitat.

Now I understand Shop Bag love-img_1739-jpg

I've just spend the last hour looking at photos, videos, etc. and decided to add a Shop Bag to my wishlist for my next order. Your post is a welcome confirmation!

:)

Bubmum, you won't regret it! The small shop bag was definitely a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by bubmum View Post
    I've just spend the last hour looking at photos, videos, etc. and decided to add a Shop Bag to my wishlist for my next order. Your post is a welcome confirmation!

:)
    They are fabulous! I was gifted an Iberian LSB and my Mom snagged some of both sizes in various colours as well as some extra 16" Key Straps and a few COWs😊🐭
    Last edited by roarmouse; 01-18-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member
    I "temporarily" started using my first edition steel shop bag as my work bag in the summer of 2013. I might finally swap it out for a light backpack (eyeing the Daylight Backpack, but I really wish Crimson was still a color option), but I'm in no hurry!

I took some books back to the library today in the small shop bag, and kept carrying the empty bag after I dropped them off, because the handles are so comfortable.
    I want my life to be padded like PORON handles. ;) Imagine the ease and comfort!

I would add my Shop Bag Love here: When we go swimming (normally 5 Persons but this time only 4) after some struggling, we started to use a Small Shop Bag each. Now everybody has his/her swimsuit in their own bag with a big towel and the swim-glasses. One carries the soap, shampoo and lotion in the bottle-bag inside. While swimming our clothes wait neatly folded in each Shop Bag. No more: where is my... you have my... give me my...
    The Little Swirft goes into the pool-roam (how do you call public swim places?) and contain something to read an extra small towel and some bits and bobs that might be needed.

And here "we" are about to enter our weekly swimming-adventure.

Now I understand Shop Bag love-img_0471-1-jpg

Ilkyway

PS: Rocks, is this okay with you?
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Now I get it...Shop Bags are fabulous! I've now added one large and one small to my TB "pantry" and I'm so glad I did! :) This thread helped me finally order, so thanks to all of you!

bubmum you are not alone, I needed some time to get them in their versatility too.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

I can't "Like" all the posts, but I love them!

I happened to bring in a small SB to work on Wednesday (transported a present in it) and discovered it was a great bag for bringing dry erase name plates to class. The 20 v-shaped plates fit in perfectly, the pens slipped into one of the pockets, and the second pocket holds a pack of thank you cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Volunteer Moderator
    These are beautiful pictures of the shop bag, and there are lots more posted all around the forum. In order to be selective, and to also show features/colors that aren't already shown here, I'll just point out that you can also use these shop bags turned inside out, so that the pockets at the side bulge out on the outside for more carrying capacity. For example, here's @monkeylady's small Ultraviolet shop bag used that way to carry 8 pots of culinary herbs from her post in the Your Photos are Needed thread:

Here's a picture posted by @kkintea in that same thread, showing her Nordic shop bag used to carry items that same way:

(For grocery shopping, the side pockets act as good insulators for cold items, and also bottles, which can benefit from being carried on the outside.) Ive also chosen these pictures because the above pictures don't show Ultraviolet or Nordic.

There have been some other recent mentions of using Shop Bags both for the beach and for swimming, as in @Ilkyway's post. I've always liked the old Desert Island TB thread, where forum members nominated the Tom Bihn bag they would pick, if limited to one bag while stranded on a desert island, and where I also got to add a comment in my post linking to pictures of some of the proposed candidate "desert island bags" "auditioning" for the part. Here's was @WisBag's picture picture of a large Iberian shop bag at the beach:

HTH

moriond

I recently took my shop bag to the beach and have decided that I am going to trade in our GIANT Land's End tote that has been our beach bag for years for two LSBs and PCSBs to use as packing cubes I them before we hit the lake and take our annual Wisconsin vacation this summer. So much easier to clean off and so much lighter. It will be ultraviolet for me and wasabi for my husband.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought I'd add a picture in my small SB with the name plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

The LSB is a great library book bag. I towed in some very big books for research and a stuffed LOP full of A4 paper (clipped to an O ring) in a LSB and it's handling the torture well ^^v
    (Just wish I could get a Steel 400D SSB, dang. I'll settle for one in Iberian instead.)

Now I understand Shop Bag love-img_5895-jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast