Hello experienced Bihn'ers! Apologies in advance for the long post. I'm hoping you can help with my dilemma. I travel every week for work and currently carry a Synapse 25 (see packing list below) with a carry-on rollaboard. On CRJ flights I use a large shoulder-duffel from Property of... rather than a rollaboard...I despise gate-checking.
Both bags (the roller and the duffel, not the Synapse!) are starting to break down which leads me to consider changing up how I travel / carry. Also, carrying the duffel on top of the synapse shoulder straps is annoying...the duffel hits my thigh with every step so that I usually end up carrying it in front.
Here are my questions:
- Will the Pilot fit all the items I currently carry in the Synapse?
- Will my laptop fit in the Pilot?
- Is it comfortable to carry the Pilot using either the standard / Absolute strap while also carrying the A45 in the "backpack" mode?
- How comfortable (or not) is the A45 fully loaded?
- Does the A45 fit in a CRJ? I found plenty of videos / forum posts about this but none mentioned whether they were speaking of the A30 or A45!
- Thinking of the Dyneema for the outside fabric but will I miss the sturdiness?
Main Back Compartment
Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop: Width: 13.86 Height: (front/back) 1.05 to 1.27 Depth: 9.49”
Synapse Cache on Rails
(Occasional) Macbook Pro (13”) in neoprene sleeve
Clear Organizer Pouch (large) with clipboard
Clear Quarter Packing Cube (tea, medication, snacks, lozenges, etc)
Small zippered makeup bag (powder, lip balm, lotion, tissues, hand sanitizer, etc)
Journal (small-ish, 4 x 6?)
Colored Pencil tin (flat)
Collapses Travel Tray
Side Compartment #1
Sunglasses (large hard case)
Side Compartment #2
Safety Glasses (large, no case)
Notebook (3.5 x 5”)
Top Center Front Pocket
Keys (home, car, rental car)
Small Front Pocket
Clear Organizer Wallet
Bottom Front Pocket
Snake Charmer: Laptop Power Converter, Flash Drive case, Cell phone charger, Verizon 4G internet + charger, earbuds (2), USB mouse…snake charmer isn’t close to stuffed full!
Not really concerned...I'm sure the A45 will be sufficient.
Just worried it won't fit easily into overhead of commuter jets.