Basically I'm looking to find a bag to replace my current hard-shell wheeled carry-on (IIRC it's an Antler Revelation) which has no methods of organisation beyond the compression straps in one half and the full panel mesh zip in the other half.
The case generally holds;
- Camera gear (Micro 4/3, and not a lot of it, so not really space hungry)
- Change of clothes if it's long haul (jeans*/shorts/jogging pants & T-Shirt) *I wear the jeans to board
- Perhaps a pair of shoes/trainers (UK 10)
- Sennheiser N/C headphones
- iPad (on rare occasions 13" MacBook Pro)
- Kindle & a magazine or two
- Bottle of water
- General travel bits (doc's, antihistamines, gum, pens, etc)
- Maxpedition Jumbo (I transfer things I'll want in-flight from the case into it and keep it under-seat)
...and anything (if anything) I might pick up in Duty Free.
I know it sounds very disorganised, but we all start somewhere
I'm not looking, at the minute, to go as far as One-Bagging it, so I'm thinking that perhaps the Aeronaut would be a bit large for my needs. So what would the recommendation be between the Western Flyer or Tri-Star? Or should I plan for the future and look straight for the Aeronaut?