Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Forum Member

Nicely keeping the excess straps in control

How do you wrap up the excess straps when not in use? I almost never use the waist strap on my SuperEgo (but don't want to remove it) so there is quite a bit of strap hanging down.

Yes, you can use big paperclips, rubber bands and cable ties to manage the extra strap ends but that isn't very elegant.

Has anyone used a Guardian light to keep the strap ends in check? A hydration clip?

TB - please provide an elegant solution for those loose straps.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    I use Web Dominator Clips. They are available online from several suppliers.

I don't recall who initially posted the link to this YouTube video, but this is the method I use:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmhG4L...%3DzVmhG4LX3Jg
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Forum Member
    You're in luck - Strapeez - Unruly cables are no match for these handy straps - TOM BIHN

There was also a recent thread about this where people shared some good ideas - I'll have a dig for it. Edit: Found it! http://forums.tombihn.com/how/7216-c...ck-straps.html
    Last edited by ClaireJ; 04-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.

I use Web Dominators too. Got them from Supply Captain, they were least expensive I could find. Wonder about durability? I slammed one in the car door last week. Expected to find it in pieces. Not a mark on it.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Forum Member
    Thanks all. the TriGlide seems the way to go.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.