I've been looking at the Tom Bihn Field Journal Notebook (FJN) and accessories, and I have some questions.
Sometimes I attend what I call "on-the-ground meetings". These are business meetings at remote locations, usually far from my office setting, often outdoors. Other "on the road" meetings may be inside, but may or may not be in an ideal office setting. I was looking at the FJN as a way to take details notes of a project/meeting where the setting is not idea for writing (no table or desk readily available; need something compact that can hold all the tools and paper necessary for taking notes, etc.)
- Does anyone here have experience taking "on-the-ground" notes with the FJN? What were your experiences like?
- I notice that the Field Journal Notebook takes 3-punch 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" paper. While I would like to have some of the specialty papers sold through Tom Bihn in an FJN, I'd also like to get some regular, inexpensive filler paper through other channels. Does anyone know if chains like OfficeMax, Office Depot or Staples offer this kind of filler paper? If so, what search terms do I use to find it?
- If I had different kinds of paper held in the FJN, is it easy to put in dividers between the different kinds of paper? How well does that work?
- Does anyone carry a compact pencil sharpener in an FJN? How well does it carry? Any specific type to use?
- What about erasers? Is there a place to fit rubber stand-alone block erasers in an FJN?