Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge

I am tempted to buy a Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge to use as an all fabric document organizer.

I love the steel parapack look and I already have a Steel Guide's Pack Lead Pocket on my wish list for my next order to use as my über TB tech accessories organizer and my guess is that they will look great together.

So I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of the wedge or some thoughts on this combo.

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-15-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    So much to catch up!

Forum Member
    These are hastily taken, so pls excuse the horrible pics.

Size comparison with a Horizontal Freudian Slip, an iPad Air and iPad Mini.
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_0011-jpg

The base of the Wedge, the Annexe Clips are removable.
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_0010-jpg

The side of the Wedge, you can see it tapers slightly.
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_0017-jpg

The inside, I had to use flash, sorry about the glare.
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_0015-jpg

Thoughts? I actually ordered it later as an afterthought. More to trick out my Founder's Briefcase, I didn't really have plans for it.
    I'm very glad I did though.
    I use it more like how some of you guys use the Travel Tray on vacation, as a catch all.
    When I'm rushing off somewhere and don't have time to arrange my stuff neatly, it becomes my catch all.
    It's also great for storing a jacket.
    But I digress, you're planning to use it for a document organizer? It should do just great, but in my case, I've only used it a couple of times like that, I had to pack a stack of notes in, it was about a full ream of A4 paper, 500 sheets. It made my Founder's Briefcase bulge out in an unsightly way though -.-"
    I also used it like a giant pencil case before, packed some notes in, and a couple of pens/pencils and a ruler. That's before I got my Freudian Slip though.
    Hope that's useful to you, eWalker.

ETA: One thing you might want to note, it's just Parapack, it doesn't have the structure that a Large Organizer Pouch can offer you, if you have just a few pieces of paper inside, it's not going to stop your papers from being folded or crumpled. That's not an issue if you use it in a briefcase, but might be if you want to stuff it in a backpack.
    Last edited by icebeng; 06-15-2014 at 10:26 AM.

That was perfect @icebeng!

I am planning to use it like a kind of fancy envelope!

I don't have to carry lots of stuff, most of the time all I carry is three copies of 5 to 15 pages contracts.

I could do it with a clear organizer but I think this will look more classy.

Thanks a lot!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    So much to catch up!

I couldn't believe there is a thread for Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge (FBPW, am I correct?)! I'd been looking for an XL Parapack Organizer Pouch!
    I stumbled across this accessories when I was looking through the photos at Parts. It wasn't my first time, doing so. But this time, I have a different intention. And, the Packing Wedge stroke me. I couldn't remember there was ever Packing Wedge or alike.

My earlier Wish List for XL LOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    After seeing @adalangdon success in fitting a filled Large Red (Crimson?) Cordura OP into her PU, it remind how I wish one day TB may consider a XL Extra Large OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Hmmmmm....... Lots of requests for a TB garment folder too, it could very well function as the XL OP you want, weirdguy!
    I understand that Parapack Large Organizer Pouch is already available and I already ordered 1 Steel LOP, ready shipping out soon.
    I think I'm gonna change my order to FBPW because I find the LOP a tighter fit for A4 Paper/Folder for easy slide in/out. Also, the zipper of FBPW is on middle top and the zip could go a bit lower - these, I believe, a wider opening and very helpful in tightly filled scenario. However, I hope you guys can help me with the Dimension of FBPW. I couldn't find the dimension any where or maybe I miss it somewhere. But I think it is more likely to be 15" x 11" in Length and Height.

By the way, great photo @icebeng. Thanks @eWalker for such wonderful thread discussion.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 01-30-2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, TT, YSS/Tall, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, MCB, OP/L
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCB, SC, DOP/M, COP/M

BrainCell Size1 M4600, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I couldn't believe there is a thread for Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge (FBPW, am I correct?)! I'd been looking for an XL Parapack Organizer Pouch!
    I stumbled across this accessories when I was looking through the photos at Parts. It wasn't my first time, doing so. But this time, I have a different intention. And, the Packing Wedge stroke me. I couldn't remember there was ever Packing Wedge or alike.

My earlier Wish List for XL LOP.

I understand that Parapack Large Organizer Pouch is already available and I already ordered 1 Steel LOP, ready shipping out soon.
    I think I'm gonna change my order to FBPW because I find the LOP a tighter fit for A4 Paper/Folder for easy slide in/out. Also, the zipper of FBPW is on middle top and the zip could go a bit lower - these, I believe, a wider opening and very helpful in tightly filled scenario. However, I hope you guys can help me with the Dimension of FBPW. I couldn't find the dimension any where or maybe I miss it somewhere. But I think it is more likely to be 15" x 11" in Length and Height.

By the way, great photo @icebeng. Thanks @eWalker for such wonderful thread discussion.
    @weirdguy

From the Founder's Briefcase page...

"We've designed an optional Packing Wedge which attaches via two Annex Clips to the interior bottom of the Founder's Briefcase. It's sized to accommodate a folded shirt and a change of underwear: if your work takes you away overnight, you'll be ready. It's also a great way to segregate and contain paperwork, an unruly down jacket, a light raincoat, or your lunch. "

I think that the Packing Wedge is a great organizing aid (and a great looking one too)!

I will add some more pictures to the thread of it with other TB products to help you get a better grasp of it's size.
    So much to catch up!

Packing Wedge and Co-Pilot
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-1-jpg

Packing Wedge and Pilot
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-2-jpg

Packing Wedge and A45
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-3-jpg

Packing Wedge and A4 size paper
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-4-jpg

Since the Aeronauts have a trapezoidal shape it also fits nicely on bottom of the A30. To tell you the the truth is remarkable how everything fits on the A30! Itīs like all the organizers were made for it!

I use mine mostly as EDC on my Pilot but writing this post made think that It could be used more travel wise. Thanks for the push @weirdguy!
    Last edited by eWalker; 01-31-2015 at 03:57 AM.
    So much to catch up!

I am starting to feel the "need"... BUT I do not need this! Great pictures, eWalker.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

@eWalker, thanks you, thanks you for the amazing photos. It shared almost similar length with Pilot from your photo. And, the last photo which compare with A4 Paper put a big smile on my face! Thanks you again.

If you don't mind @eWalker, does it able to fit or slide into Daylight Briefcase? I got a feeling it can but just wish to double confirm.

I only own 1 Travel Bag that is A45. Sadly, have no plan to get an A30 anytime soon though I have been reading plenty of its amazing volume. Lets hope by the time I am interested to do so, Solar is an option.

By the way, does FBPW comes only in Steel? Though I wouldn't mind, I have plan to get additional in other colors like Navy or Olive. I couldn't get an answer through TB as they are closed for the weekend.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 01-31-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I use mine mostly as EDC on my Pilot but writing this post made think that It could be used more travel wise. Thanks for the push @weirdguy!
    Oh. Now I found a "plus" for my Pilot which I'd been struggling with. Thanks @eWalker, maybe this could convince me to keep my Pilot.

@eWalker, thanks you, thanks you for the amazing photos. It shared almost similar length with Pilot from your photo. And, the last photo which compare with A4 Paper put a big smile on my face! Thanks you again.
    I use it mostly as a fancy envelop for contracts printed on A4 size paper!

If you don't mind @eWalker, does it able to fit or slide into Daylight Briefcase? I got a feeling it can but just wish to double confirm.
    Here it is... Didn't occur to me make this match! Well thought!

Packing Wedge and DayLight Backpack
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-5-jpg

I only own 1 Travel Bag that is A45. Sadly, have no plan to get an A30 anytime soon though I have been reading plenty of its amazing volume. Lets hope by the time I am interested to do so, Solar is an option.
    Itīs an amazing bag! Like itīs bigger brother offers a wide range of possible packing configurations! Kind of Tetris meet Tangram!

By the way, does FBPW comes only in Steel? Though I wouldn't mind, I have plan to get additional in other colors like Navy or Olive. I couldn't get an answer through TB as they are closed for the weekend.
    The pulldown from Parts page offers no color options. But do ask and if they do, donīt forget to tell me!
    So much to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    The pulldown from Parts page offers no color options. But do ask and if they do, donīt forget to tell me!
    Yup, color isn't listed. I just do some search on Forums and also try reading and comparing. It seems like the lining of Founder's Briefcase comes only in Steel Parapack. Therefore, a very high chance that we only going to see in Steel Parapack. Nevertheless, will let you once I got response from TB.

Forum Member
    Hmmm...... there might be some folding and stuffing involved to get it in, @weirdguy.
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_2131-jpg
    Founder's Briefcase Packing Wedge-img_2132-jpg
    AFAIK, the Packing Wedge is only available in Steel Parapack, this is likely because it's designed for the Founder's Briefcase's interior, which is Steel Parapack no matter which exterior color you picked.

@eWalker, thanks! I didn't think to use it with my Pilot either ^.^

Sorry @weirdguy!!! I misread your post!!

Nice catch @icebeng!!

The Wedge is not a perfect fit on the Pilot either, but the excess is not much!
    Last edited by eWalker; 01-31-2015 at 06:31 AM.
    So much to catch up!

@eWalker, no worry . I still find it very informative.
    ADD: That is good additional info about the excess on Pilot. Now, I can be sure it is larger than 15.4" in length. More like 16.5".

Thanks @icebeng for the photo.

Argh! I couldn't believe myself and this endless addictive loop. After finding an XL Organizer (FBPW), my search path continue into world of Founder's Briefcase itself. Even more deeper, after watching @itsablur's Video Review: http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vid...briefcase.html But I am skeptical that it could fit my thick M4600 15.6" (1.44" Thickness) Laptop.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 01-31-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Hello,

Just wish to share my part of Founder Briefcase Packing Wedge which I just got it last few days.

FBPW vs DLBC
    The DLBC is unfortunately shorter than the FBPC. If not, it would make a great OP.

FBPW vs LOP
    Though the FBPW is larger than LOP but only in terms of length and dept. The height of FBPW is surprisingly shorter. Therefore, I have to fold the top part of the LOP, shall I need to slide it into the FBPW.

Will post more photos or details, if I have any when I got back home.
    Sorry about the conditions of the photo, I took it at night. Hence, it couldn't capture the essence of Parapack distinctiveness.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 03-06-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Formatting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast