Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About This Forum

One of the most common questions 'round here is “Which accessories should I use / should I get for my bag?”. It's asked both by people new to TB and by those of us who continually refine and perfect our organization strategy as what we carry changes and evolves. And because we make so many different accessories, there's a lot of options to narrow down! This Forum serves to gather our collective know-how; it's a place to share our own experiences, strategies, and advice as answers to that question.

Within this Forum are threads dedicated to most of our larger bags. In these threads, post what you're inspired to share about how you organize your bag. That could be a list of the gear you carry and the accessories you use to organize the gear, a video that shows which built-in organization of the bag itself you use, or a photo that shows how you color-code your accessories so you know what's what and what's where, or something else entirely -- surprise us!

Discussion is permitted within these threads because asking questions, soliciting feedback, or posting follow-ups will make the threads even richer resources of information; keep generally on topic within these threads so they can be focused resources for those looking to optimize the organization of their bags.

Important! Discussion about organization, accessories, packing lists, and all of those fun things is not limited to the Accessories + Organization Strategies Forum. We’ll continue to discuss those topics everywhere and anywhere on the Forums; this is just an additional and more specific place to do so.

Helpful Hint: tag your posts within this forum with the bag name and the word organization. Example tag: synapse25organization
    This will help folks find your posts when using our advanced search options.

Questions, feedback? Post 'em here or emailus@tombihn.com
    Last edited by Darcy; 08-19-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YESSSSSS!!!!

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!!!!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woo hoo, what a great forum, thanks!!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this idea.
    Could a subsection for the Smart Alec be added? There have been a ton of threads about this bag in the past, and I'd be happy to provide links (with the tag).
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Love this idea.
    Could a subsection for the Smart Alec be added? There have been a ton of threads about this bag in the past, and I'd be happy to provide links (with the tag).
    As you wish...... Smart Alec

Bonus: I've also added a Brain Bag thread.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    As you wish...... Smart Alec

Bonus: I've also added a Brain Bag thread.
    @Darcy Thanks for adding my 2 favorite bags! And I'm going to attempt to fill in the blanks in your signature.... "Mary Poppin's Backpack"
    Am I close?!?
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Arizona
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been on this site for several days, and what a shock to find this thread. Awesome! Thank you Darcy!
    Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent been online for a few weeks..great idea
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, thank you so much for that fabulous thread!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Darcy, thank you so much for that fabulous thread!
    No pressure, but I'm hoping you post your organization tips for the Synapse or Swift, backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Havent been online for a few weeks..great idea
    Credit goes to Izzy and the other folks who contributed to this thread.