Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Alec constantly falls over backward and

Anyone else have this problem when you sit your bag on the ground?

I've thought about getting a hard piece of plastic and taping it to the bottom to give it a better foundation.

I also have the problem of everything falling out of the interior pockets when this happens.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally store something flat on the bottom - generally a pair of size 10 women's shoes in a packing cube - and I don't usually have this issue.

For the interior pockets - I don't understand. Do you zip the pockets?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, tell us about your load and how you pack it!

My current load (workout gear) makes the bag full but not heavy. That is, it's bulky but not dense. The bag is pretty evenly stuffed throughout its circumference.

As you can see, it's leaning forward a bit, but not falling over. (This was just as it was when I brought it home today, I haven't rearranged the load for the photo shoot. Smilie) Inside I have an A45 packing cube and a small travel laundry sack which I am using to corral my gi top. Both "cubes" are about the same height. There's a water bottle (20 oz. Hydroflask) in one side pocket, which also helps with stability. I have a protein bar in one of the interior pockets, and a pack of zipper pulls in the other section of that pocket. I rarely if ever zip that top inner pocket closed, I've not had stuff fall out much if at all.

So I guess my suggestions would be:

- distribute contents evenly;

- use packing cubes (or organizer pouches to manage small items that tend to fall out of the pockets) if that helps;

- add something somewhat tall and/or relatively heavy like a water bottle to anchor the load. Smilie

Hope that helps, if you feel like posting a pic of your EDC we look forward to it! Smilie
    Last edited by haraya; 02-17-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Forum Member Alice in Wanderlust's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Smart Alec tends to lean or fall over if I have it packed a certain way. Not quite sure why yet. As a student I'm mostly carrying books and folders. I haven't had time to test it, but I think if I load the heavier and taller in the back, it tends to stay upright better.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    Do you zip the pockets?
    !!!!!

Did not even notice those zippers!!