Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slim Sleeve for Macbook 12?

My Macbook (MB) 12 will fit into my Copilot even with my existing sleeve on it. But I'm looking for the slimmest possible sleeve, not a snap-on hard cover, for this purpose.

Any recommendations?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of tough to guess which sleeve you have now?

I use a plastic snap on cover on mine and it goes into a slim neoprene sleeve by another company but I have to think the Cache is the slimmest one that Bihn offers for the 12".

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Kind of tough to guess which sleeve you have now?

I use a plastic snap on cover on mine and it goes into a slim neoprene sleeve by another company but I have to think the Cache is the slimmest one that Bihn offers for the 12".
    I have a neoprene sleeve, zippered, made by a company called Runetz. It was a quick impulse purchase when I got the MB12 and long before I got my Copilot (Feb. '17). It was not made specifically for the MB12. It'll go in the Copilot, but something even slimmer would be better. I don't care for plastic snap on covers.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Waterfield Design suede jacket sleeve sounds like what you are looking for. I use it on my 11" MacBook Air and then just put it in my Copilot or Pilot without any other case. It takes away no space from your bag and protects the Mac from scratches and there is a little bit of padding at the bottom to cushion the computer when you place the bag on the ground. While the MacBook might not survive an all out tourture test with this sleeve, it's worked for me for a few years now.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is the thinnest thing I've seen. I'm tempted.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the general interest, I found a thin sleeve that offers some protection itself. It's made by Acme Made of San Francisco, and they call it the "Skinny Sleeve". I bought it, and it slides right into my CoPilot with my MacBook 12 in the sleeve. They make different sizes.