Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SMALL POUCHKINS: HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

We can safely say that pretty much most folks on the forums here fell in love with the Cubelets.

Now it is time to give those cute little SMALL POUCHKINS their due! What do you use them for? Add your pictures!

I bought two just because I was curious what I could do with them. And so far they are very useful for quickly grabbing things at the top of my bags without weighing them down. Those items that I need to use all the time and that get lost in my bag, I can access quickly now. My glasses cleaning case and vitamins, see photos.

The clips that come on these are small and stiff, so for my fingers, I have trouble getting them on the o-rings, but otherwise I love them! Can also use a key strap to attach them if you don't mind them being lower in the the bag.

SMALL POUCHKINS:  HOW DO YOU USE THEM?-img_4953-jpg
    IN MY SHOP BAG, THEY ARE SO LIGHTWEIGHT THEY DO NOT WEIGH THE TOP OF THE BAG DOWN

SMALL POUCHKINS:  HOW DO YOU USE THEM?-img_4957-jpg
    FOR USE IN MY FAVORITE EDC, THE ALL FABRIC 3DOC!

SMALL POUCHKINS:  HOW DO YOU USE THEM?-img_4958-jpg
    SIZE REFERENCE IN MY MEDIUM SIZED HAND

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing your photos! I am still waiting on my two Cubelets to show up, but in the meantime I'm drooling over yours.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I get one I'm planning on using them as a holder of SIM cards and SD cards from my camera. These items will be precious cargo on my around the world trip.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pix! I would use them for eye drops, to keep them away from everything else.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the stuff in the photo should arrive tomorrow. I'll be reconfiguring my first aid stuff in my EDC S25. The red single will likely go in the first aid kit. I'm thinking I will swap the blue single for the mini halcyon organizer pouch that I keep my change and church name tag in.

No clue on the Cubelet. I just wanted to see one. I'll use it for something though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LSB is my gym bag, my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym. It will probably serve the same purpose for travel, but might be great for holding daily pills in my SE. I can also definitely see one holding my SD cards for travel photography.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone happen to know if the Apple AirPods will fit in a small Pouchkin? If so, they will definitely find a way in to my basket!
    Steel/Solar A45/French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DubbySmurf, they sure do! Mine fit just perfectly.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrpe View Post
    my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym.
    ooh now *that* is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Would be perfect for holding a pair or two of earings (I only own two pair).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    DubbySmurf, they sure do! Mine fit just perfectly.
    Awesome thanks! now to agonize over what other items to purchase so that the pouchkins aren't so lonely on the trip over....
    Steel/Solar A45/French Blue BB/Navy Snake Charmer/Coyote DLBC/ Iberian TT

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    ooh now *that* is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Would be perfect for holding a pair or two of earings (I only own two pair).
    @Kelly S,
    Depending on how much protection you think you need, you might consider the Clear Organizer Wallet for items like earrings, which is a mini-sized pouch, and has a pair Ultrasuede dividers to cushion items placed against them (or between them). So, simple studs or rings would work well for the pouchkins, but dangly items or things that might get bent out of shape might do better in a Clear Organizer
    (I like that option better than a mini padded pouch, since it's easier to get into and out of, and the Ultrasuede keeps them from sliding around ).

The pouchkins are really good for small items like blister packs of cold or allergy medication, water purification tablets (if you're using these), small hygiene items like dental floss picks, vitamins, etc.

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My earrings are small, they'd get lost in a COW (lol...moo!!)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Kelly S,
    Depending on how much protection you think you need...
    Yes, having now tested it, I'm not sure I would attempt this for travel, but for an hour at the gym, and the bag is just sitting in the locker, it's great.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My LSB is my gym bag, my new pouchkin is for holding jewelry while at the gym. It will probably serve the same purpose for travel, but might be great for holding daily pills in my SE. I can also definitely see one holding my SD cards for travel photography.
    Thanks for both these ideas! I've now used one for keeping track of my jewelry in a hotel, and for holding a pony tail holder so I wouldn't lose it in my pocket. (It would be great for hair pins, too.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos are Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV.

I have fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Formerly known as millefolia.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could anybody tell me how easy it would be to put a pair of disposable gloves in either the single pouchkin or one side of a double? I had a thought the other night that I could use it for a CPR face shield and gloves (currently in a bulky pouch on a keyring which doesn't really work for me).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast