Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25: attaching an accessory to the cache loops?

Good afternoon all. Happy 4th of July! I saw a video yesterday that showed off how someone could attach a side effect to the loops inside the main compartment of the S25. This looked cool and reminded me of the GoRuck field pocket attachments inside the bag. I was wondering if it was possible to attach anything else there or is it only for the side effect?

Thank you!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those loops are designed for a Cache with rails for a laptop. I don't carry a laptop myself, so I added split rings to them and use them as extra o-rings:

That's a UV medium Yarn Stuff Sack on the left, and a double carabiner on the right. Often I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer on that one. A double carabiner can also be used directly on the loop, without the split ring. In fact, in my Ego I have a split ring and a carabiner on there together. Not sure why, really, but I tried it and it worked, so I just left it.

You can also use those loops for a 3D organizer cube, which is smaller than a side Effect. There may be some other suggestions in the Bag Hacks thread.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nef View Post
    Good afternoon all. Happy 4th of July! I saw a video yesterday that showed off how someone could attach a side effect to the loops inside the main compartment of the S25. This looked cool and reminded me of the GoRuck field pocket attachments inside the bag. I was wondering if it was possible to attach anything else there or is it only for the side effect?

Thank you!
    That video (forum hacks II) finally convinced me to get the S25. It's a 3DOC in the video, I imagine the Side effect is too wide.

Happy experimenting!