Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Accessories for Bose QC25

Hello!

1: Which size Travel Stuff Sack will the Bose QC25 fit into comfortably?
    2: Will the QC25 fit in the Large Travel Tray?
    3: Will the QC25 fit inside the Side Effect? Otherwise I'll consider getting the Side Kick instead.

Any information from anyone who owns these items will be very helpful. Want to get the right items as international shipping fees are insane

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want to know if they'll fit when they are in their Bose case, or headphones only without the case?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

1. This I cannot answer. My Bose QC35s do not fit well in the yarn stuff sack, which is the only size I have.

2. Yes! The headphones fit very nicely in the large TT.

3. They fit in the main compartment of the Side Effect, but they take up most of the space. I have a Halcyon Side Effect.
    They also fit perfectly in the front zip compartment compartment of my Halcyon Sidekick. This was a happy discovery, so thanks for asking! There's also room for other items in the Sidekick too.

For all three size tests, I had my headphones folded with the ear cups flat.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help on the stuff sacks as I also only have the yarn ones.

My QC25s (in the case) fit in a large travel tray pretty well.

I have a ballistic Side Effect, and while the case does fit, I wouldn't bother as you wouldn't be able to put anything else in there, and the zip won't fasten around the case. (Of course, if you aren't taking the case, there would be room for a few bits and pieces.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some pictures to give you an idea:

1) Travel Stuff Sack No. 2 and QC25 with case. You can put it in that way but nothing else. Without the case it would fit perfectly.
    Accessories for Bose QC25-bose-3-jpg

2) Travel Stuff Sack No. 3 as a comparison.

Accessories for Bose QC25-bose-4-jpg

3) Side Effect: Fits the QC25 only without the case.

Accessories for Bose QC25-bose-1-jpg
    Accessories for Bose QC25-bose-2-jpg
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    Do you want to know if they'll fit when they are in their Bose case, or headphones only without the case?
    Without the case. Thinking of ditching the original case when I travel.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for helping me to test it out/taking photos and replying! You're all super! Should've been more specific with my inital post: am thinking of ditching the original case and putting the headphones in a Stuff Sack, Travel Tray or Side Effect for protection while in transit since the TB items can do double duty.

@bartleby, really appreciate the photos and now I got a very good idea of how it fits in those various items.

Now I've an even better idea of cobbling all the bits and pieces of electronics (cables, hard disk, power brick, etc) I travel with in a Side Kick, together with the headphones in a Stuff Sack or in the front zip compartment like what @Rocks tried out.

Again, thanks for all the replies! Now time to fill my cart

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latchford View Post
    Thanks for helping me to test it out/taking photos and replying! You're all super! Should've been more specific with my inital post: am thinking of ditching the original case and putting the headphones in a Stuff Sack, Travel Tray or Side Effect for protection while in transit since the TB items can do double duty.

@bartleby, really appreciate the photos and now I got a very good idea of how it fits in those various items.

Now I've an even better idea of cobbling all the bits and pieces of electronics (cables, hard disk, power brick, etc) I travel with in a Side Kick, together with the headphones in a Stuff Sack or in the front zip compartment like what @Rocks tried out.

Again, thanks for all the replies! Now time to fill my cart
    Sorry, but will the Bose QC35 (without the case) fit into the Travel Stuff Sack size 2 ? From the picture it seems like it does. I also dont' want to carry the case as it takes a lot of space

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatih View Post
    Sorry, but will the Bose QC35 (without the case) fit into the Travel Stuff Sack size 2 ? From the picture it seems like it does. I also dont' want to carry the case as it takes a lot of space
    it definitely does!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Related (but not really) question about headphones and what they will fit in...I have some non-Bose on-ear headphones that do not fold up. What would be the best pouch/accessory to carry these in? Assume they are about the size of the Bose ones without the folding feature.
    --------------------------------

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of those headphones, and while my large travel tray hasn't arrived yet, I would discourage you from giving up on the case it came with. The headphones fold up just so, using some specially designed hinges, to fit in the case they come with. With that, and the custom protection they have, plus the fact that the case has special slots for an extra battery and 2-prong adapter, I don't think you can beat the factory case.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darcy, what do you think about a padded 3D organizer cube sized to accommodate a pair of headphones?

I personally transitioned some years back from headphones to in-ear monitors. They are incredibly comfortable, take up little space, and provide great noise isolation. But I know some people still prefer to use a pair of headphones.
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Related (but not really) question about headphones and what they will fit in...I have some non-Bose on-ear headphones that do not fold up. What would be the best pouch/accessory to carry these in? Assume they are about the size of the Bose ones without the folding feature.
    I have a very large set of headphones that I use at home (not travel) but I store them in a No. 3 Travel Stuff Sack and it's a roomy fit. They do not fit in a No. 2. They also fit in a NFTD packing cube, so would probably fit in a mini Yeoman packing cube.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I was looking at that mini Yeoman cube...seems like perfect dimensions.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    @darcy, what do you think about a padded 3D organizer cube sized to accommodate a pair of headphones?

I personally transitioned some years back from headphones to in-ear monitors. They are incredibly comfortable, take up little space, and provide great noise isolation. But I know some people still prefer to use a pair of headphones.
    Thanks, Maverick. I have tried various earbuds but can never get ones that fit perfectly or are very comfortable. I like headphones for that reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast