Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shelf of Deluxe Spiff Kit - what do you use it for?

I bought the Deluxe Spiff Kit for little money on eBay a while ago and I really like it, but I don't use the shelf at all. It's just dead space. But it doesn't show any wear and I don't really want to spend money on a new standard Spiff Kit when I already own one. Any ideas or tips to get use out of the shelf? Any bag hacks?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bag swap? Someone might be happy to get the bigger Spiff kit for the amount they paid for the small one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toothbrush and paste holder! Works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...it-deluxe.html

There are pictures where some have used the shelf to hold a towel, hair brush, or a toothbrush, as @Ditmo mentioned above. Maybe that could work for you too. Since that thread is a couple of years old, maybe more clever people have come up new ways to use the shelf.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves
    A good idea, but I am in Germany so swapping would be difficult for most I think (shipping etc).

@Ditmo
    Thanks! How do you keep them from falling off? I worry about making a wrong move and my toothbrush falling to the ground... (Eww)

@Pammy
    Thanks for the link, Pammy! The idea with the brush seems like a good idea, but with a pixie cut (and curls when my hair is long) I don't brush my hair. I simply use my fingers or a little wide tooth comb. I do like the idea of maybe keeping a small washcloth stored there, I will have to see if one of mine fits. My towel is too big, I already tried that.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Thanks! How do you keep them from falling off? I worry about making a wrong move and my toothbrush falling to the ground... (Eww)
    A full-size toothbrush and travel toothpaste actually fit pretty tightly together behind the little buttoned strap. I take both off and use them, then replace both together (i.e. Neither item is ever in there alone) and haven't had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditmo View Post
    A full-size toothbrush and travel toothpaste actually fit pretty tightly together behind the little buttoned strap. I take both off and use them, then replace both together (i.e. Neither item is ever in there alone) and haven't had a problem.
    Thanks - I had a look and actually it's less space than I thought it was, so this might work, just as you described. I'm going to give it a try on my next trip, I just need to take care that I buy a size of toothpaste that works for this setup.