1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    It's true, I could, but I'd be out a whole paycheck. I try to avoid visiting BH as much as possible!

As it stands I'm already entertaining the thoughts of a fixed lens camera and a new portrait lens for my OM-D.
    I can sure relate to your challenge but at least you wold not need to speculate about what fits either.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave your wallet at home when you visit BH just to check sizes....

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought two new lenses for mine. Didn't even get to look at the bags. The struggle is real (real fun!).

Carrying Camera + Regular EDC in an S19-23916737_10155769619562988_628559342867600098_o-jpg
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid question, but why not remove the lens? And if in shooting mode use Peak Design Capture attached outside with lens attached?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Seconding the Tenba recommendation. I have a Tenba BYOB 7 and a BYOB 9, both fit my m4/3 camera which is on the larger side of average. They both fit nicely in an S19, with room for EDC or even a small-ish travel tripod. I usually just tuck them into the main section of the bag, but I am contemplating using gatekeeper clips and hanging it from the attachment loops at the top back where a Cache would normally go. Still debating if this would put too much weight/stress on those loops, though.
    Meglet, any update on using the gatekeeper clips?
    Luminary with a MCB Freudian Slip or Cache, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, multiple PCSB and OP in lots of pretty colors

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Meglet, any update on using the gatekeeper clips?
    No, unfortunately this is a contemplation which has been going on for a rather long time. I’m fairly certain the rail loops wouldn’t support the weight of a camera, since they’re designed to have a laptop resting its weight on the base of the bag. Plus now I’m using the loops for the inner frame so that reduces my options.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a topical thread for me. I'm hoping to go ahead and purchase a Panasonic GX80/85 12-32mm (possibly with a second larger lens) to replace my aging Canon 30D. Liking the idea of the 4/3 platform as a great compromise on quality and size/weight.

Hoping that a Co-Pilot I've ordered and arriving on Monday will be the perject carry for it, probably with a small padded insert. I'll check out the brands mentioned above.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Aeronaut 45 (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I generally use Op Tech lens pouches when I am involved in active pursuits, I am strongly considering purchasing a Peak Design Field Pouch to organize some of my add ons for my mirrorless setup. If I am going miminalist, I could likely fit my camera and a smaller extra lens plus accessories.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    This is a topical thread for me. I'm hoping to go ahead and purchase a Panasonic GX80/85 12-32mm (possibly with a second larger lens) to replace my aging Canon 30D. Liking the idea of the 4/3 platform as a great compromise on quality and size/weight.

Hoping that a Co-Pilot I've ordered and arriving on Monday will be the perject carry for it, probably with a small padded insert. I'll check out the brands mentioned above.
    I haven't tried too many combinations but my old camera, the E-PL5, with a pancake lens fit great with room to spare in the side pocket of the Co-Pilot. I haven't tried my new OM-D E-M10 in it yet.

The Olympus 40-150 was practically swimming in the Co-Pilot's water bottle pocket, with plenty of space for another prime lens.

Here is a comparison of the GX85 to the E-PL5. Based just on that image, I think it will fit well too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2