Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S25 Frame Sheet - One Week In

One week in to testing the S25 with the new frame sheet. Full EDC load less camera gear during the week and now same plus camera gear for a weekend trip up to the North Shore of MN this weekend.

Itís honestly like a different pack for me. Great structure. Nothing poking me in the back. Carries great with my full load even for a 5 mile winter hike yesterday and a bunch of short stuff today. Iím using the hip belt for the hiking and itís just an exponential improvement vs the Pack w/o the frame sheet installed.

If you own an S25 donít hesitate to order the frame sheet when the come back in stock.

Iím tilted to the left a little in the photo trying to get the dogís attention so the Pack looks tilted but it really isnít.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. It's a fabulous improvement on a bag I already loved.
    It makes the s25 even more awesomer.

I carried two gallons of milk, and a hoodie in mine today (grocery run) and with the frame sheet, chest clip, and hip belt the weight almost disappeared.
    It was kinda cool how you can feel the weight shifting a bit as you hook up the chest clip and hip belt.

Ohio
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been loving mine too. I use mine without the aluminum stay.. The frame sheet does more than enough for my loadout. It makes things so much more comfortable while running around all day for work.

S25 Internal Frame = WIN

Forum Member
    Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whereabouts is that? Duluth, Silver bay? or all the way to Grand Marais?

Forum Member
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S25 Frame Sheet - One Week In

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    My first guess was Grand Marais but now Iím guessing around Tofte. S25 Frame Sheet - One Week In

Changing my mind. I think just north of Two Harbors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    I recollect it is Temperance River State Park. That is as far north as we went on this trip. We were staying in Duluth.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you use the internal frame with a cashe?

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EBP View Post
    Can you use the internal frame with a cashe?
    Yes you can, here is a picture of it:

S25 Frame Sheet - One Week In-dscf3289-jpg

I've wrote more about this in my review if you're interested https://arslan.io/2017/12/28/tom-bih...pse-25-review/

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to chime in to say that I have the S19 Frame Sheet and I'd initially planned on putting it in and taking it out depending on my needs for the day but I liked it so much that I consider it a permanent addition to my bag.

Literally this is the best thing that has happened to me bag-wise since buying the Synapse in the first place.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I just have to chime in to say that I have the S19 Frame Sheet and I'd initially planned on putting it in and taking it out depending on my needs for the day but I liked it so much that I consider it a permanent addition to my bag.

Literally this is the best thing that has happened to me bag-wise since buying the Synapse in the first place.
    I can’t wait for these to get back in stock for the S25. Take my money Tom Bihn!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an S19 frame from the first wave and it hasn't left my bag...provides much needed structure

Forum Member
    NJ, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the s19 frame. It's fantastic. Didn't know how much of a difference it would make.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok the Frame is absolutely fantastic. Any minor quibbles i would have had with my S25 are gone. HIGHLY recommend this for S25 users.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havenít used the new frame in my S25 yet because I do not use it every day, but I did purchase one for Mr. pammy to use in his S25. You see he has a very nice steel dyneema/solar S25 that he used as EDC for the last couple of years. In that time, he tried the FS but he didnít care for it because it would slouch down. About the middle of last year, he decided to *gasp* shelve the S25 and went back to his Filson bag for EDC. However, getting the internal frame has been a game changer for the S25. Itís now back in action as his EDC and he is very happy with it. So for anyone who is on the fence about getting one, I would totally recommend it.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast