Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbysgirl View Post
    Harlil,

Do you know if the 40 oz will fit in the S19? I'm looking at getting both for a trip to Utah this summer and Europe a month after that trip.

Thanks,

kirbysgirl
    Hi @kirbysgirl,

Welcome to the forums. Best answer seems to be that you can fit a 40 oz. Hydroflask into the Synapse water bottle pocket, but you won't be able to zip that pocket closed for a bottle of that size. It's possible that using a different lid option might help, but it's very tight.

Take a look at the threads:
    Will the Synapse 19 hold a 40oz HyrdoFlask?
    and
    40 oz. Hydro Flask in a Synapse 25?

I've excerpted one of the pictures -- there are more in the linked threads along with more discussion about using similar capacity Nalgene bottles instead, and a chart of the Hydroflask dimensions at the time of those questions. You might want to check the Hydroflask web site for their updated 2017 chart.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda surprised I haven't seen the Liberty bottle recommended. I absolutely love them for both fit (in the Synapse 19) and function (awesome cap). I was first made aware of them when I bought my Synapse (now 19) and water bottle at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images Synapse 25 - Water Bottle Recommendations-img_9363-jpg 

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the capacity of the Liberty bottle that fits in the S19?
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    What’s the capacity of the Liberty bottle that fits in the S19?
    Any of theirs will. I have two, both 32 oz., which fit great in the center pocket of the Synapse.

For what it's worth, the 32 oz. will bulge out from the bag a bit if you have a lot of stuff in there, but I've had my Synapse for six years and use it daily and on lots of trips, and it's no worse for the wear from that area.
    Last edited by ken.w; 02-12-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2