Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My most used small accessory is my small travel tray in Sitka (I bought it because Sitka). It holds my knitting tools: scissors, pins, sewing needles, measuring tapes, stitch markers, crochet hooks, hand lotion. I keep it on my end table, and I can toss it in a project bag if I need to.

MY COW holds my work ID, business cards, and office keys. Works great for that. And I have handle loop on it.

my transit pass is in a small clear pouch.

I just got a bunch of pouches (clear, ballistic and halcyon) in a few sizes, so I'm going to be redoing my bag organization soon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    [Aside: there's a laser pointer in there too, and the Canadian bills have a security feature that projects their denomination when you shine a laser through them, which is fun.]
    WHAT?!? Really? How did I not know this? Gotta get my hands on a lazer pointer!

Winona, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post

Stuff Sacks. Two are currently sitting on my dresser in preparation for a trip I'm taking in a few months. Every time I think of some tiny thing I need to remember, I toss it in. One stuff sack for me, one for things I need to bring for others.
    I love this! What a brilliant idea!

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving the Cubelets! I own 3, but want to collect all colors. Mars Red holds first aid supplies, Canyon holds my YakTrax, and Olive holds tissues, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, etc.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cubelet for tissues and hand stuff is the answer to a bag problem I've had! I have a cute PLO which is fun to carry. But I only use it intermittently because everything sits inside it in a jumble. Jumbles drive me nuts. A cubelet might take up enough space to force larger items, like my phone, to stay where I put them. And it'd corral some less-used things.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    @Cristina can I ask for measurements on your sunglasses? This sounds like a really cool idea, but I am rockin' some giant Jackie O. looking shades.

I love my small accessories! Maybe not in direct proportion to their use, though. The COW is my every-day wallet, and the holiday present key-strap clips all my keys and store cards into my Imago, so those are probably the ones that are used the most.

I have a mini Q-kit, small double OP, and a Cubelet in my Imago to corral things like hand sanitizer, inhaler, mini first-aid kit, earbuds, and leftover emergency Canadian cash from when I lived in Detroit LOL. [Aside: there's a laser pointer in there too, and the Canadian bills have a security feature that projects their denomination when you shine a laser through them, which is fun.]

I just bought a small OP, cut the clip off, and use it in the 3DOC that holds my makeup to corral tweezers, small barrettes, mini nail file and keep them from falling to the bottom of the bag: life-changing.

One of my many 3DOCs, a mesh one, makes a perfect u/l work kit, for when I'm out of the house. It has cords and bricks for phone and computer, my Apple earbuds, post-its, and a small notebook and pen.

I almost never use my large Snake Charmer anymore, but the small one is ideal for taking on vacation travels. It's got things like a small sewing kit, my Matador picnic blanket, spork, corkscrew, gear ties, mini carabiners, zips ties, flashlight, eye mask/ear plugs, small towel (in case I have to hitchhike ), and others I am probably not remembering right now. It lives with my packing cubes, but stays packed and I just toss it into my bag.

My most-loved are the Travel Trays, in both sizes! I use them around the house and for travel. The one or two times I've forgotten to toss one in my travel bag, I have been very annoyed having to live without it.

ETA: how the heck did I forget my PCSB in black Halcyon?! Maybe because I don't think of it as small LOL. It comes along on every trip!
    My sunglasses are 2" tall, and the Small QK is 3.5" tall (outside measurement).

Even if your sunglasses are bigger than the ones my grandmother wore in the 80s, they should still fit.

Here are some pics:

My fingers in the second pic are there to show how much overhead space there is. The Small Q-Kit is really tall. REALLY tall.

Here is a pic of my kids' sunglasses stacked on top of each other in my other Small QK (they're LL Bean unbreakable kids' sunglasses):

Hope this helps!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ode to the small accessories

(This appears to be a duplicate post so I will delete this second one... my Tapatalk has been acting up tonight, sorry!)
    Last edited by Cristina; 03-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clear Organizer Wallet (wasabi halcyon) - my wallet that goes with me every time I leave the house
    Side Effect (black ballistic/ultraviolet) and Travel Cubelet (NWS) - Where the COW goes when I leave the house. I hate to say it but they are competing for my undivided attention
    Mini Cordura Organizer Pouch (wasabi) - work badge in DLBC
    Mini Cordura Organizer Pouch (wasabi) - work things like post-its and paper clips in DLBC
    Mini Cordura Organizer pouch (crimson) - first aid kit in DLBC
    Medium Double Organizer Pouch (linen) - foldable bowl, spoon/fork combo, pens, Tide stick, other stuff in DLBC
    No. 1 Travel Stuff Sack (solar) - computer charger in DLBC
    Small Double Organizer pouch (olive) - spare phone cable and car charter with first aid items in Small Cafe Bag
    Mini Q-kit (black) - coins and small loose items in SE or TC
    Clear Quarter Packing Cube (steel) - holds some overflow items (work items I don't use all the time)
    Pen/Tool Wrap (iberian) - in the CQPC
    Small Cordura Organizer Pouch (navy) - external hard drive in CQPC
    Large Travel Tray (island) - holds electronics in office
    Small Q-kit (navy) - holds a USB hub and wall charger
    No. 3 Travel Stuff Sack (NWS) - holds large stereo headphones
    Breve - I use it occasionally to hold small electronics
    Small Shop Bag (wasabi) - for groceries and overflow when traveling by car
    3D Fabric Organizer Cube (wasabi) - day hike stuff in daypack
    First Aid Pouch (red) - first aid in daypack

For travel, I use (alternating between things):
    3D Clear Organizer Cube (wasabi) - always-packed 3-1-1
    No 2 Travel Stuff Sack (wasabi)
    Original Snake Charmer (olive parapack)
    NFTD packing cubes (3)
    TS/WF Packing Cube Backpack (steel)
    Medium TS Packing Cube (original steel/mesh)
    Small TS Packing Cube (steel / all fabric)
    Small A45 Packing Cube (Aether wasabi)
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (steel)
    Large Clear Organizer Pouch (cocoa) - when traveling with documents
    A30 Laundry Stuff Sack (steel)

ETA: And also forgot -- key straps, key straps, and more key straps
    ETA 2: Absolute strap, standard shoulder strap, simple shoulder strap, 1/2 inch shoulder strap, set of Annex Clips on my non-TB backpack, Smart Alec gear strap for my non-TB backpack, lots and lots of zipper pulls in assorted colors, wasabi double swivel hooks (2), 4Z horizontal cache, and cache for iPad mini
    ETA3: Dang it! Forgot to mention the 2 luggage tags - steel and aubergine. I like that they perfectly fit a hotel room key, which keeps them with the bag I have and away from the stuff that wipes them (like a work badge)
    Last edited by sujo; 03-15-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My faves:

COW: every time I leave the house

3DOC, mini and small OPs: every time I carry a bag or backpack (first aid, tech, snacks, miscellany)
    (I like Cubelets, but I love 3DOCs)

Large Travel Tray: every time I travel overnight

Small or Large Snake Charmer: every time we travel with lots of tech

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have a new favorite accessory. The large OP as a map holder. Just clip it to an O ring and I no longer fear leaving my map behind!

Ode to the small accessories-20180406_162443-jpg
    Last edited by twosandalz; 04-06-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: for clarity

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to start?

--Key straps, of course.
    --Travel trays: I use them to coil the power supply and cords for laptops (one for my work laptop, one for my personal one)
    --A small Q-Kit for USB keys
    --a small Yarn Stuff Sack into which I dump my watch, fountain pen and all the stuff I carry in my pockets, before I go to the gym every morning.

Everything is better if you do 'sweat the small stuff'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2