Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel cubelet stuff

I tend to use my TC as my easy access bag in conjunction with a backpack, especially when train commuting. In the outer pocket, I keep a transit card in a pocket pouch and my keys. Inside I keep a pen in the pen pocket and a cell in the inner pocket. I keep a slim Allett wallet generally, though in this photo I have a kiwi COW since I was going minimalist, a mini pouch with my Airpods, and a small pouch with my work ID.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh goodness, biting the bullet on my first post after lurking for a loooong time! It must be my love of my TC.....

In the outer pocket I key strap in my TB wallet. Inner side pocket I key strap in a mini organizer pouch which I use to keep all the "little" things like chapstick, first aid kind of items, etc, and my keyless entry car key I keep on that same strap. It helps I don't have to pull that out, admittedly. In the main compartment I keep my two phones (one for work, which is ideally love not to carry). I'd keep the OP in the main compartment and use the side pocket for one of the phones, but I don't like how the o ring is over the side pocket.... The straps get in the way if I reorganize.

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures of pouches, I'm not sure re the sizes, descriptions of them (which is obvious on my previous).
    I'm packing re/packing the pouches I have, to see what works best for me. I will post pics over the next few days, as I'm at work at the mo...so don't have a lot of time. Apologies, for spelling errors, but tend to rush when I'm at work and having to finish TB stuff and go back to work stuff!
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I like the idea of the Travel Cubelet, and the pen slot, but I couldn't fit as much in it as the SE, either. I'm definitely a horizontal orientation person. Also, the SE fit perfectly in the front of my Pilot, and the TC did not. I like having my Pilot as my personal item carry on, and having my "purse" inside it. Then I use the "purse" when I get where I'm going. I liked the idea of being able to get into my "purse" while it was still in my Pilot (vertical orientation), but the TC just didn't fit well. So for me, it's the SE.

The Travel Cubelet fits perfectly in the front right pocket of my Pilot, with room to spare for a mini Q-kit. This is my setup weekly, when I work out of a different office building from my normal location. I use the TC as my purse on those days. Travel cubelet stuff-1525633099863-jpg

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently switched from the Side Effect to the Travel Cubelet as my purse. I have an organizer wallet and a mini organizer pouch which holds my pill box, AirPods, and other small items. My cellphone, lip balm, lipsticks x 2, mirror, hand sanitizer, tissues, and other small items also fit in the main compartment. In the outside zippered section, I have my house and car keys attached to a key strap. I'll post pictures when I get the chance.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same experience as Cristina, my SE contents did not fit well at all in the TC, I was really surprised. By the time I stuffed everything in the main compartment, the outside zipper pocket was rendered useless. Not my kind of bag, will be sticking with the SE

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the pictures of pouches and how peeps are using they TC is really useful.
    Im still trying to get everything to fit into the TC, that I need, it still feels smaller to me than the SE, I realise it isn’t but it just feels that way. Im trying to get items in that are not long and flat, ie a thin material shopping bag that’s in the smallest size q-kit, with my wallet on top of it.

Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    All the pictures of pouches and how peeps are using they TC is really useful.
    Im still trying to get everything to fit into the TC, that I need, it still feels smaller to me than the SE, I realise it isnít but it just feels that way. Im trying to get items in that are not long and flat, ie a thin material shopping bag thatís in the smallest size q-kit, with my wallet on top of it.

Jaffa
    Here a pic explaining why my stuff fits better in a Side Effect over a TC.

Nothing is bigger than a Mini OP, not even my iPhone SE, used to take the pic. I can see everything at a glance:

I use my SE as a bag in bag with my PU, but if I don't have the PU, or I want to keep taller stuff at my side, I prefer the horizontal layout of the Side Kick so I can see everything.

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Here a pic explaining why my stuff fits better in a Side Effect over a TC.

Nothing is bigger than a Mini OP, not even my iPhone SE, used to take the pic. I can see everything at a glance:

I use my SE as a bag in bag with my PU, but if I don't have the PU, or I want to keep taller stuff at my side, I prefer the horizontal layout of the Side Kick so I can see everything.
    I too find the larger opening and horizontal layout preferable for retrieving stuff. Also, the straight zipper on the SE is easier to use than the one that curves around the edges of the Cubelet or travel cubelet.

I recently got a cubelet which is a great size for my surface pro charger, but I noticed how much more effort it takes to unzip around curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The Travel Cubelet fits perfectly inside the Small Cafe Bag but I could never fit an SE in there.
    Oh what a great idea! I got the TC because sometimes I want something small than my Cafť Bag. With the vertical orientation, I can put it in the Cafť Bag and still access everything without removing it.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the orientation of the TC better than the SE because I feel like it looks a bit more polished. Here's my purse in all of its organized chaos:

Travel cubelet stuff-aiedmsmlsgueygqdb3xicw-jpgTravel cubelet stuff-fullsizeoutput_7525-jpg
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2