1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Freudian Slip(s) with Pop Tote bag?

Planning to use my Pop Tote bag as my EDC on an upcoming trip to London, so I was wondering about how everyone keeps contents tidy/organized inside.

1. Has anyone used the Makers/Swift Freudian Slip with the Pop Tote bag (read: will it fit?)?
    2. Has anyone used any of the Cafe Bag Freudian Slips with the Pop Tote bag?
    3. Any suggestions for organizations inside it? I'm contemplating using my Side Kick inside the Pop tote as well.

Any pointers/recs would be much appreciated!
    in omnia parata

SCB SSB TT MCB CP DLBP LSB SE SK LS PU P L PT S19

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @fieewanders....I bought this organizer from Amazon. It comes in lots of colors. Fits the Pop Tote perfectly! I don't use the removable middle part. The organizer provides some structure to the Pop Tote. Hope that helps!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fieewanders View Post
    2. Has anyone used any of the Cafe Bag Freudian Slips with the Pop Tote bag?
    3. Any suggestions for organizations inside it? I'm contemplating using my Side Kick inside the Pop tote as well.
    The Large Cafe Bag FS fits just fine in the Pop Tote, though I use the Medium as it works better for me in some other bags.

Both fit well, though itís much better if there is enough other stuff in the Pop Tote to keep them from tipping over. I also carry a Travel Cubelet as a Hobonichi-and-pens kit, a knitting project in a Yarn Stuff Sack (size depends on the project), a 16-oz Kleen Kanteen, sunglasses in a bulky hard case, and often a book in the Pop Tote as well. In the winter, my hat & gloves go into it when Iím indoors.

Most of my little things are already in the FS, but if they werenít, a Side Kick would be a great organizer for them though it wouldnít use the vertical height of the Pop Tote all that well. Thatís where the FS excels.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the rec, @lizziejean3! Will def look into it
    in omnia parata

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @terayon -- your insight is really helpful regarding sizing. I was contemplating getting either the LCB FS or the MB/Swift FS, but good to know about the MCB FS and Travel Cubelet since I already have those!
    Last edited by fieewanders; 05-14-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: grammar
    in omnia parata

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just got my pop tote and am already using it and am enjoying it. I don't have a FS but what I have done is connect a PCSB to the two o-rings in the main compartment using some double carbinders then place a SK inside with my phone, wallet etc, that way I can carry the pop tote unzipped but zip up the PCSB and my SK is secure inside or just zip up the pop tote. I didn't directly connect my SK to the pop tote because I want the flexibility of just grabbing my SK out of the pop tote without having to unclip things when I don't want to carry the complete pop tote. Also by placing the SK in the PCSB, it keeps the SK more vertical inside the pop tote so I can have easy access to its contents and there is still lots of room for extra things inside the pop tote. I also therefore can keep a shoulder strap attached to the SK while it is in the PCSB. I have used this set up in my SSB but with the pop tote, I have the luxury of zipping the entire bag up which is a great and more secure option.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fieewanders,

I use my PT as an overnight bag for my job. My SK is my EDC, my SE is my toiletries bag, and the MEDIUM CAFE FS holds my device, paperwork, anything flat and big and thin. I don't like the FS flopping around, so I secure it under the lip of the PT and I only use the one side, as I don't need the storage of the other side, all of my important items that I need quick access to fit in my SK. I also have several cubelets that hold various items like snacks, tea, chargers and cords. I tried the Large Cafe FS and it was too big for my needs.

Pictures attached.

Freudian Slip(s) with Pop Tote bag?-img_8227-jpg

Freudian Slip(s) with Pop Tote bag?-img_8228-jpg

Freudian Slip(s) with Pop Tote bag?-img_8229-jpg
    Last edited by anna2222; 05-14-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @fleewanders asked:

1. Has anyone used the Makers/Swift Freudian Slip with the Pop Tote bag (read: will it fit?)?
    @blueflax mentioned using this size of Freudian Slip with her pop tote in the Best Knitting Bag? thread. (See also, her earlier post [#7] in the Pop Tote vs. Swift thread for more description.

I'll just add the comment that this size (Maker's/Swift) Freudian Slip runs most of the horizontal length of the Pop Tote, as opposed to the Cafe Bag Freudian Slips. One of the size impressions that I use for this FS is the fact that you can fit a 13" laptop in the back pocket. (I showed this as part of a reply post[#3] to @haraya's question about possible ways to tether her laptop in a cache inside an Aeronaut in the Cache in Aeronaut 30? thread:

There's much more description in the linked post (and more pictures), but you can basically fit a 13" MacBook Air (the largest size I would try) into the back pocket of a Maker's Bag/Swift Freudian Slip. Since there is a webbing loop at the top, you can tether it to an O-Ring.

If you look through the detailed discussions of the Pop Tote, you'll find that you can carry a 13" laptop inside this bag, but that the laptop will extend to the edges and not allow you full use of the end pockets should you want to carry a thermos or other bulky items on both sides. However, it would be one way to carry a 13" (or smaller) laptop in the Pop Tote without using a cache, and be able to easily transfer it to other bags.

For most purposes, I think that a Medium Cafe Bag FS will work for you.

HTH

moriond