1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any quilters out there?

I've been toting my latest project (crazy lap quilt) around in a SSB the last few months. All was well until I started the embroidery and embellishing and my tools (spools, extra mattress stitch needles, and embroidery thread) have become a tangled mess.

Does anyone have tips on their successful organization?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossedbooker View Post
    I've been toting my latest project (crazy lap quilt) around in a SSB the last few months. All was well until I started the embroidery and embellishing and my tools (spools, extra mattress stitch needles, and embroidery thread) have become a tangled mess.

Does anyone have tips on their successful organization?
    Can you take a quick pic so we can get a better idea? The first things that come to mind are the knitting tool pouches, Q-Kits, Cubelet, or 3-D organizer Cube, depending on how big everything is and how much you want to divide everything.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also check out the first aid kits...the small “pouchkins” are perfect for notions...:-)
    Last edited by Grandcache; 06-13-2018 at 04:45 AM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    Also check out the first aid kits...the small “pouchkins” are perfect for notions...:-)
    I have a small blue pouchkin for my earrings...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like the perfect solution for the needle problem! Yay! Thank you!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the small spools, small skeins, for one big project, fit in a Clear Quarter Packing Cube.

Spools and Embroidery thread can be organized by colors families in the Clear 3D Organizer Cube

A small quantity of skein can be stored and transported in Clear Organizer Pouch(es), they come in Mini, Small and Medium.

The Pouchkins are the cutest of the cute.

I house my needlework, size 16 needles, in a Mini Pouch, with room to spare, it is a perfect fit for replacement needles in their cardboard housing.
    A Pouchkin is more square and smaller than a Mini Pouch, needles in their cardboard housing might not fit, just an fyi.

Get a Pouchkin anyway.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about something like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-812-Nee...dp/B01CWM4OJ6/
    https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Junet...dp/B01KR8J1WC/
    https://www.amazon.com/Lipstick-Cush.../dp/B0711KK6YV

I'd wrap something around the spools - maybe a rubber band around each spool? Though those should NOT be left long-term. Latex breaks down and merges and gets sticky after awhile. Velcro strap? I'm really not sure.

Then of course, it could all go into a TB pouch. :-)
    Last edited by CathyWeeks; 06-17-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi CathyWeeks,
    My needles wouldn't fit in the 1st or 3rd option, but I'm going to give the junetree case a shot. Thank you so much for your help!