Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Will it fit?

Brazil
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will it fit?

Hi!

Iam new here and this is my first post. I am going to buy my first TB backpack, an synapse 19, and i will try a hack to attach a pouch to the inner top of the bag. The pouch needs to fit my fujifilm xt20 camera (similar size to a sony a6x00) with a small lens. Does someone knows if a side effect, a 3doc or maybe an travel cubelet will fit this camera? Thanks to who can help.

Cheers!

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome!
    I have a Canon G7X ii that fits in a pouch that fits in the Travel Cubelet. The 3D organizer cube works too.

Brazil
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    I have a Canon G7X ii that fits in a pouch that fits in the Travel Cubelet. The 3D organizer cube works too.
    The canon is a bit smaller, but i think that at least my fujifilm will fit inside the side effect, if yours fit in the 3doc. Thanks!

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Olympus E-M10 which is roughly the same size as your Fuji (you can check the sizes here). It fits in a 3D Organizer Cube just fine.

Will it fit?-p1580339-jpg

Will it fit?-p1580340-jpg

And the 3DOC with camera can hang in the Synapse 19 main compartment. It depends on what else you are planning to carry, but to be honest, I don't like carrying it this way as it takes up a lot of depth at the top of the main compartment. Especially if you are carrying other tall things that take up all of the height in the main compartment, or a bottle in the bottle compartment.

Will it fit?-p1580343-jpg

The camera will also fit in either side pocket:

Will it fit?-p1580344-jpg

And of course, it will fit in the bottom pocket. But if you do that, I recommend wrapping it in something like a Domke Camera Wrap.

Brazil
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proximal View Post
    I have an Olympus E-M10 which is roughly the same size as your Fuji (you can check the sizes here). It fits in a 3D Organizer Cube just fine.

Will it fit?-p1580339-jpg

Will it fit?-p1580340-jpg

And the 3DOC with camera can hang in the Synapse 19 main compartment. It depends on what else you are planning to carry, but to be honest, I don't like carrying it this way as it takes up a lot of depth at the top of the main compartment. Especially if you are carrying other tall things that take up all of the height in the main compartment, or a bottle in the bottle compartment.

Will it fit?-p1580343-jpg

The camera will also fit in either side pocket:

Will it fit?-p1580344-jpg

And of course, it will fit in the bottom pocket. But if you do that, I recommend wrapping it in something like a Domke Camera Wrap.

Ohh really thank you, the cameras are similar in size and the lens i use is close too.
    I am planning to use this set up in travel mode, an easy to reach and protected from the botton of the bag. I usually cary a small bottle of water, rain jacket, snacks and other smaller stuff... but nice to know that it fits in a 3doc. I will have to test different set ups and decide which works better with the things i carry, but it is impressive the size of the side pockets, huge. Thanks one more time!

*the camera comparing site you suggested is awesome

Cheers
    Last edited by gpgf; 08-23-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought of putting a camera in the S19 side pockets. What a great idea!

Can you fit a water bottle in the middle pocket with the camera in there (protected, of course)

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgf View Post
    I am planning to use this set up in travel mode, an easy to reach and protected from the botton of the bag. I usually cary a small bottle of water, rain jacket, snacks and other smaller stuff... but nice to know that it fits in a 3doc. I will have to test different set ups and decide which works better with the things i carry, but it is impressive the size of the side pockets, huge. Thanks one more time!
    If you put your jacket in the divider in the main compartment, that will keep your camera and water bottle separated so they won't bang into each other. You might want to get the longer keystrap so jacket will fit between the bottle and 3DOC. You could also put the camera/3DOC on the loops at the back of the main compartment (they're on the front ones in my picture). It would be harder to access the camera, but it'll be easier to manage things when the bag is open- the weight of the camera won't be on the flap when you open the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Can you fit a water bottle in the middle pocket with the camera in there (protected, of course)
    Works just fine with a 20oz wide-mouth Hydroflask. There's not much room for either the bottle or the camera (depends on the size of camera, though) to move around, so I find that extra padding for the camera is not necessary.