Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to store multiple passports

Hi guys,

Iím going on a long trip with my family (30 hours in flights and layovers), this means having 5 or so passports in a safe place, and the option for plane tickets and forms. My current idea is to use the passport pouch for the passports (will they fit?) and have that inside the travel cubelet so that I can also have a the plane tickets, forms and a cellphone.

Not sure if there is a better strategy, overall idea is to have something that can always be with me (even when we sit to eat or pass out waiting for the planes). I already have a medium cafe bag but this I take on and off when I sit down, so I prefer something smaller.

Another idea is to just use the cubelet and no passport pouch.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I can confirm that the passport pouch can hold up to 5 passports. I also clipped that into my travel cube which I had clipped into my A30 to keep them secure. For long plane rides I like to minimize the amount of things that I have on me, so I just made sure that the A30 was with me at all times in the airport and under my seat on the plane. Safe travels!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qrxlevmin View Post
    Hi guys,

I’m going on a long trip with my family (30 hours in flights and layovers), this means having 5 or so passports in a safe place, and the option for plane tickets and forms. My current idea is to use the passport pouch for the passports (will they fit?) and have that inside the travel cubelet so that I can also have a the plane tickets, forms and a cellphone.

Not sure if there is a better strategy, overall idea is to have something that can always be with me (even when we sit to eat or pass out waiting for the planes). I already have a medium cafe bag but this I take on and off when I sit down, so I prefer something smaller.

Another idea is to just use the cubelet and no passport pouch.
    Hi @qrxlevmin,

Welcome to the forums. The current (2018) version of the passport pouch will hold 5 regular size passports. See @pammy's picture in her 04-12-2018 post (#1227) in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs thread. I'll excerpt her picture and comment:

This is the prototype passport pouch. As you can see, it will hold five regular passports. They do not have extra pages.

You'll find more pictures and discussion in the Updated (2018) Passport Pouch thread, where I believe up to 6 passports are shown in one of the Passport pouches.

While your collection of passports will fit into the 2018 version of the Passport Pouch, I think it would be tight to stuff the Passport Pouch and collection of passports into the Travel Cubelet, because of the extra fabric edges on the sides of the Passport Pouch: you'd likely do better by just carrying the passports directly inside the Travel Cubelet, if you wanted the TC, as you mentioned. (And a few of those passports will fit directly in the inside pocket of the travel cubelet -- not all 5)

The Passport Pouch by itself is not likely to be convenient for also carrying boarding passes, forms, etc. for as many as 5 people in addition to their passports.

The nice features of the Travel Cubelet is that the vertical orientation works well for accessing passports and exit/entry cards you may have to fill out, and there's also a pen/pencil pocket in the Travel Cubelet. It can also easily hold a phone (may depend on how large your personal phone is as to how convenient you find this.)

I find that tickets/boarding passes/itineraries require more room. Without having to carry more than 2 passports, I can just use the (original size) Passport Pouch in my Side Kick, which can take the tickets, etc. along with my phone, currency, cards, etc.

If I wanted a minimal configuration (more than the Travel Cubelet, but with the ability to carry all the flight itinerary and any printed documents (even when the information and boarding passes are on my phone), I'd probably go for a bag-in-bag solution, and carry the Travel Cubelet inside a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. (These are so handy that many people are likely to have one.) Then, if needed, I'd hang the PCSB on the seat in front of me as a seat pocket bag during flight. I'd put the tickets and itinerary information either into the front diagonal zipped pocket of the PCSB or, if you want more organization, I'd get a medium size double organizer pouch and use the front clear section for the tickets, and the back covered pocket for receipts or other information I didn't need to immediately view (these are also great for holding items like post cards that you want to write). If I had to carry minor snacks, I'd also put them into the PCSB during the flight.

Some pictures of how the Travel Cubelet fits in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag from my post (#78) in the Travel Cubelet thread.

Maybe other forum members will weigh in with suggestions.

HTH

moriond

Lincolnshire (UK)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As suggested by moriond, I also use a bag-in-bag solution with a Field Journal Notebook inside an S19 or Aeronaut 30.

I've taken out all of the plastic and ring binders from the FJN and have 4 clear organisers pouches attached via a key strap. 3 x medium and 1 x small. Documents are printed out 2xA5 size on A4 paper which, when folded, fit great in the medium pouch.

One has stuff that I hope I won't actually need such as travel insurance, etc. The 2nd has documents that I will need on arrival in the US, typically car hire confirmation and a copy of ESTA details. The 3rd has my actual travel stuff such as flight details, UK airport carpark confirmation, etc. All passports and boarding cards go into the small organiser.

I keep the FJN out whilst at the airport in the UK or the US. Very easy access and also secure worn cross body. Plus there is space for pens, phone, etc if needed. On the flight the FJN returns to the S19 or A30.