Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiff Kit and chin pocket of an S19

I have to carry a couple different laptop bricks with me and a variety of charging cables. I'm thinking the Spiff Kit might work pretty well for compartmentalization (i dislike having them all glommed together and needing to be separated in order to use them). What I'm wondering is whether the Standard Spiff Kit will fit into the chin pocket of an S19?

Thanks for your help!
    delight in the making

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never gotten the Spiff Kit to work well in the chin pocket of the S19. The small Snake Charmer is a great fit, and I hear a halcyon Side Effect works well, too.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree that the 3D Organizer Cube or Small Snake Charmer works for cables and power bricks in the Synapse. The Spiff Kit is taller than either of these, and will fit well in compartments with more room that you want to maximally fill — like front zippered pockets of a Pilot, where you want use the extra width available over what a 3D OC or Side Effect would use.

I find the other accessories better for fitting into the Synapse you are using. What is the “chin pocket”?

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, friends! That helps a lot. I'm trying to find something compartmentalized for that pocket, but the halcyon SE won't be available for a few more weeks and I am traveling sooner than that.
    (the chin pocket is the front bottom pocket)
    delight in the making

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often use two colour coded Cubelets in the S19 chin pocket - depends on how big your electronics are.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...