Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been using mine as a dopp kit when I fly domestic (most of the time) and don't need a proper 311 bag for TSA Precheck. I started with a big leather dopp kit that you might see at Nordstrom, then went to an even bigger folding Briggs and Riley kit that could probably pack enough toiletries for a family of 4. And finally converted to the Side Effect and am not looking back.

However, I did just order another Side Effect for EDC because I switch bags occassionally. My current setup is a Goruck GR1 (21L) with an Echo pouch attached to the interior molle. It's outststanding if you don't change bags (and I use this at least 5 days a week for work). But it is a pain to remove and reattach the GoRuck pouch once you stick it on. So I was hoping to use the SE to be a modular pouch within bags.

I also wanted to get back to a proper EDC kit. I used to have the full "pocket-dump" EDC kit back before I moved to NYC and wore suit pants more often. Having that much stuff in your pockets just doesn't work very well with the thin fabrics, but most people carry a daybag here and I've gotten used to it.

Intended contents:
    - Flashlight (Prometheus Beta QR Brass)
    - Slipjoint Knife (GEC Beer Scout or TC with bottle opener)
    - Scout Leather Co pocket protector (carrying the knife and light)--tethered by an 8" strap
    - Pen (Uniball Signo 207)
    - Declan pocket square / eyeglass cloth
    - Pocket tissues
    - Burts Bees lip balm
    - iPhone cable
    - Android cable
    - Anker battery (love this one)
    - Hand cream
    - Facial moisturizer/sunscreen combo
    - Mints/gum
    - Individual pack Tylenol

TBH, I couldn't decide between this and the Travel Cubelet...so both are on their way.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it for my power bank (Anker or RavPower) and all the different proprietary charging cables that come with some of my gadgets/GPS watch/bluetooth wireless earbuds. Hardly carry it by itself unless it's a daypack when traveling. Mostly serves as a bag within a bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine with the intention of using it with the waist straps for a trip to Disney. DW couldn’t get over the ‘fanny pack’ look of it that way, so now it’s pretty much just been used to corral my non-311 toiletries (electric razor, hairbrush, toothbrush) in my WF when I travel with that bag. Not really a great use of the bag, but at least it’s seeing some kind of use this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Side Effect every day as my dog walking pouch (8-month-old kid dog so a decent number of treats on walks still). I use it as a cross-body sling bag with a Gatekeeper Waist Strap. I used it as a waist pack during puppy classes but moved to the sling style after that. What I really like about this method is that the bag rests comfortably on my back when we're walking, or comfortably on my front when we're training or at the park.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    I'm diabetic, and I use mine to carry my diabetes supplies when I travel. Easy to switch from bag to bag (fits nicely in both my CP and my MCB), and built so much nicer than anything else out there.
    I too am a diabetic. Ive been using the 2nd aid pack for my supplies but I like the idea of using this bag for them.. So much cr@p to tote around!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying chargers, cables, small tech. Easily switches between other bags and I always know where my tech stuff is. Another one carries a portable watercolor palette, brushes, pens and small sketchbook.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spooneb View Post
    Very jealous of this SE! Verde with UV, right?

I recently acquired a lovely olive\alphaviolet TC. While I was trying out my stuff in it, my son gave my SE a try. He wore it cross body slung around to his back. When the vertical orientation in the TC didn't work well for what I carry, I put it all back in my SE. So what did my son do? He stole my lovely olive\alphaviolet TC!

Theresa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Very jealous of this SE! Verde with UV, right?
    It is indeed Verde/UV. Matches my Smart Alec Men of TB Forum: how do you use the Side effect?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrying chargers, cables, small tech. Easily switches between other bags and I always know where my tech stuff is. Another one carries a portable watercolor palette, brushes, pens and small sketchbook.

Looks good. I just ordered the wrist loop as well. What is the AirPods sleeve you’re using ? Thanks.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bgNWB View Post
    What is the AirPods sleeve you’re using ? Thanks.
    This one: Waterproof Airpods Case Cover by Catalyst, Shockproof and Drop Proof air pods Protective Cover Soft Skin, Anti-Lost Carabiner, Silicone Sealing, Charging - Blueridge/Sunset https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKRPQK4..._T5gfCbS5A18CF

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @spooneb, that verde/ultraviolet combo is killer! I also like how those zipper pulls are attached.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    @spooneb, that verde/ultraviolet combo is killer! I also like how those zipper pulls are attached.
    Thanks! I attach all my zipper pulls like that. It cuts down on the *tinketinkle* and gives the pulls a bit of a lift for easy grabbing.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I attach all my zipper pulls like that. It cuts down on the *tinketinkle* and gives the pulls a bit of a lift for easy grabbing.
    I also like how you attach your zipper pulls. What length of cord do you use to get the length as it shows in your picture? I'm finding the length of individual cord pulls that TB sends is too short. Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineez View Post
    I also like how you attach your zipper pulls. What length of cord do you use to get the length as it shows in your picture? I'm finding the length of individual cord pulls that TB sends is too short. Thanks!
    I use the included individual pieces of cord to do those same zipper pulls. It is possible!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineez View Post
    Like Cristina, I just use the included cords to do those.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast