Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spooneb View Post
    Like Cristina, I just use the included cords to do those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I use the included individual pieces of cord to do those same zipper pulls. It is possible!
    This way of attaching the zipper pulls is so great! I just realized I needed to put the TB tabs on first prior to inserting the cords through the last cord loop. Thanks for letting me know it could be done, or else I wouldn't have continued trying!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineez View Post
    This way of attaching the zipper pulls is so great! I just realized I needed to put the TB tabs on first prior to inserting the cords through the last cord loop. Thanks for letting me know it could be done, or else I wouldn't have continued trying!
    I must not be picturing your process correctly since I can't imagine how you'd put the tabs on before finishing threading the cord through, but I am very happy that you worked it out, congrats!

I use the second method shown in this TB video (called "silencer w/ plastic pull"). The video is on the zipper pulls page and also on YouTube:
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/cor...nt=37395455047
    https://youtu.be/2ReyJfgPNXs

SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I must not be picturing your process correctly since I can't imagine how you'd put the tabs on before finishing threading the cord through, but I am very happy that you worked it out, congrats!

I use the second method shown in this TB video (called "silencer w/ plastic pull"). The video is on the zipper pulls page and also on YouTube:
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/cor...nt=37395455047
    https://youtu.be/2ReyJfgPNXs
    Yes, in the past I've done the "silencer w/ plastic pull" method - the 'figure eight" method that leaves more cord length on the end of the metal pull tab.

@spooneb's method is different - it doesn't leave enough cord length at the end to put on the plastic TB pull tabs if you were to place the plastic TB pulls on AFTER you've pulled the final bit of cord through the metal zipper pull. BUT if you place the plastic TB pulls on BEFORE you thread the last piece of cord through that loop, then it is possible.

ETA: I tried uploading a picture, but it's not working for some reason.
    Last edited by imagineez; 12-29-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Forum Member
    Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a closeup. I basically do Extender with Plastic Pull but instead of running it through the front hole of the zipper pull only, I run it through both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineez View Post
    Yes, in the past I've done the "silencer w/ plastic pull" method - the 'figure eight" method that leaves more cord length on the end of the metal pull tab.

@spooneb's method is different - it doesn't leave enough cord length at the end to put on the plastic TB pull tabs if you were to place the plastic TB pulls on AFTER you've pulled the final bit of cord through the metal zipper pull. BUT if you place the plastic TB pulls on BEFORE you thread the last piece of cord through that loop, then it is possible.

ETA: I tried uploading a picture, but it's not working for some reason.
    Oh I see it now! Sorry. I saw the cord through both loops on the zipper pull and I thought it was the figure 8.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the zippers make much less noise even w metal zipper pulls left intact ? Thanks

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bgNWB View Post
    Do the zippers make much less noise even w metal zipper pulls left intact ? Thanks
    Yes! Cuts down the jingling completely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3