Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CACHE for the NEW IPAD PRO 11"

Has anyone purchased the new cache for the new 2018 ipad Pro 11"?

Curious to know if it fits the Apple keyboard AND the Apple Pencil comfortably and if there is enough clearance to safely zip the zipper across the top of the Apple Pencil?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received mine today. It is absolutely possible to zip it closed with the pencil attached to the side of the iPad. When you're moving the zipper over the top end of the pencil you may have to pull a little to get it to fit.

This is my first copy of the new Cache. I'm not yet sure how I feel about the zipper style versus the old sleeve / flap. Perhaps it will grow on me, but right now it feels like it is significantly less convenient to put the iPad in. I can't just slip the iPad in the top (or side, depending on orientation) –*I really have to unzip both edges. Maybe it will grow on me?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received mine and I have to say, it's a bit tight. I hope it will loosen (just a bit) over time. I don't have the keyboard case, just the regular one, and it doesn't go in easily. And idbjorh is correct that you can zip it over the pencil, but it's a (literal) stretch; I'm not sure they accounted for it so the zipper may weaken over time.

Forum Member
    Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would you go with the 12 in cache instead?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the MacBook 12 cache instead, and find that for this new zippered design it’s a more comfortable fit (with the pencil and smart folio).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works great

Quote Originally Posted by drobeson View Post
    I just received mine and I have to say, it's a bit tight. I hope it will loosen (just a bit) over time. I don't have the keyboard case, just the regular one, and it doesn't go in easily. And idbjorh is correct that you can zip it over the pencil, but it's a (literal) stretch; I'm not sure they accounted for it so the zipper may weaken over time.
    Okay, 5 months later and it has loosened up just enough that the iPad and Pencil are secure but fit easily. Glad I bought it.