Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internal size of the Clear Organizer Wallet

I am trying to understand ID card with the size of: 105 mm x 74 mm would easily fit inside a Clear Organizer Wallet: https://www.tombihn.com/products/cle...nt=16409853319

Thanks in advance!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have anything that size to try but it should fit, based on measuring with a tape measure. However, the zipper is only 101.6 mm wide. So, you will need to work the ID into the wallet to get it in there.

Fit will also depend on how many other things are in there. If you have cards and cash, it might not fit or be tight.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    145 (w) x 100 (h) mm those are the dimensions of the Clear Organizer Wallet, so it would fit.

However it depends, like sujo suggested what else you want to carry in it.

Another alternative is the Double Organizer Pouch size Small
    Small: 180 (w) x 130 (h) mm; Weight: 1.5 oz / 40 g
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16620958535

or,
    Clear Organizer Pouch size Mini.
    Mini: 5.7" x 3.9" (145 x 100 mm)
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16621006535

The Double Organizer Pouch has a window pocket for passes and/or IDs (anything that need to be clearly visible or is an electronic touch pass) and an opaque back one for credit cards, cash and IDs with pictures that one wants to keep private.

The Mini Clear Organizer Pouch is the most minimalist of all, IDs and a good amount of all kind of plastic cards, receipts and tickets can fit in it.
    The exact number depends on the back fabric 1050 Ballistic the strongest and the heaviest, great if you clip a pouch where it will get lots of wear, Cordura: very strong and fabric fuzz and pet hair magnet, Halcyon: very strong, very light and my favorite.

You can pile up stuff (receipts, business cards, public transport card/parking stubs) from Local businesses shopping spree with no worries, in the Halcyon Clear Pouch, it can become concave from it and flatten up again after you take all the stuff out of it.

Cordura will also take that much stuff, but will keep some of its concave shape.

1050 Ballistic will fit that much but not a 6 months long pile up of receipts, plastic cards, etc...

If one needs to keep receipts for a long term project, it is better to size up to the Clear Organizer Small, my favorite size, or Medium, if one needs to keep print outs of hotel bills/paper boarding passes, train/trams/ferry tickets, car rental agreements, receipts of all kind, etc...

I don't have the Double Clear Organizer Pouch because I am a big fan of Pouches and got both Opaque Cordura Pouches and Clear Halcyon Organizer Pouches, back when they were called Clear Dyneema Organizer Pouches when either variety was first released.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-21-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both! Yes I am mostly worried if I can get it inside - it's plastic, it bends, but not sure if it will fit.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Cid View Post
    Thank you both! Yes I am mostly worried if I can get it inside - it's plastic, it bends, but not sure if it will fit.
    Can it be done? Yes, technically. I just cut a piece of cardstock to check. I don't think you'll like it though. The card sticks up significantly past the zipper, so you'll have to be careful every time you zip the pouch up and if it were me, I would get really irritated by always having to finesse it in whenever I was opening the pouch to pull out a card. I would go with the DOP instead and keep my cards/cash in the back pocket. I'll post pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a PCSB in original Nordic or Sitka.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internal size of the Clear Organizer Wallet-fullsizeoutput_2a13-jpegInternal size of the Clear Organizer Wallet-fullsizeoutput_2a14-jpegInternal size of the Clear Organizer Wallet-fullsizeoutput_2a15-jpeg

Hope this helps!
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Small Clear DOP for my "wallet." It's actually a bit big for that, but paper money can be put in flat. I use the back for paper money and occasional coins, and the front for my driver's license and cards. It's big enough to handle cards larger than a credit card.

I also have a mini pouch for all the credit card sized cards I don't use on a regular basis. I am eyeing the new Nik's wallet #4 though. The outside pocket might hold your oversized card sideways?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the effort jessmakes! That's amazing of you.
    It looks like a tight fit... if I would put it in the back (behind the dividers) - as I don't need to pull it out that often, would that work? Basically having it be the last one in the back.

I might just have to go with the DOP instead.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Cid View Post
    Thank you so much for the effort jessmakes! That's amazing of you.
    It looks like a tight fit... if I would put it in the back (behind the dividers) - as I don't need to pull it out that often, would that work? Basically having it be the last one in the back.

I might just have to go with the DOP instead.
    It does, but you'll have to bend the card to make it work it get it behind the zipper. I still think that the DOP is the better choice for this one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks again jessmakes! your help is much appreciated

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    145 (w) x 100 (h) mm those are the dimensions of the Clear Organizer Wallet, so it would fit.

However it depends, like sujo suggested what else you want to carry in it.

Another alternative is the Double Organizer Pouch size Small
    Small: 180 (w) x 130 (h) mm; Weight: 1.5 oz / 40 g

Clear Organizer Pouch size Mini.
    Mini: 5.7" x 3.9" (145 x 100 mm)
    I have been looking at the COW for gift cards, coupons, and a few shop receipts to save. The exterior COW and mini COP are the same. The 2 Ultrasuede dividers are the difference. Do those dividers take away from any of the vertical interior dimension? (only thinking is some coupons can be a little taller than cards) any noticeable difference I may decide for the COW vs mini, but see value in the dividers.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I have been looking at the COW for gift cards, coupons, and a few shop receipts to save. The exterior COW and mini COP are the same. The 2 Ultrasuede dividers are the difference. Do those dividers take away from any of the vertical interior dimension? (only thinking is some coupons can be a little taller than cards) any noticeable difference I may decide for the COW vs mini, but see value in the dividers.
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean by "vertical interior dimension", but in the COW, the soft dividers are taller than, say, credit cards - the dividers go almost to the top of the pouch, up to the zipper - so you can't tell what else you have in the pouch besides what's at the very front, if you only look through the clear front. (See TB's COW pic that sort of shows the dividers.) And in the mini COP, you can hold just about as much - though I haven't crammed them totally full - except that, in the COW, the dividers maybe take up the thickness of about two cards.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarepants View Post
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean by "vertical interior dimension", ÖÖ...- though I haven't crammed them totally full - except that, in the COW, the dividers maybe take up the thickness of about two cards.

Allow me to rephrase, I am not always great with words. I was wondering if the Ultrasuede dividers take up space and reduce maximum height of items that can be held.

For example, place 5 gift cards into a the mini clear OP and they're xx millimeters from the zipper opening. Place the same 5 gift cards in a COW and they are xx millimeters closer to the zipper opening than the mini OP because the presence of the dividers don't allow the cards as close to the bottom of the COW.

I think it is a non-issue as others have not mentioned significant issue here or elsewhere that I read. My reason for asking is my usage intent is for organizing coupons which can be taller than cards or currency (making that size capacity important). The 2 mini clear OP's vs. 1 COW decision for optimal use.