Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A30 laundry hack?

I've looked all over the forums, but haven't seen this. It seems to me the A30 has a laundry system built in with the zippable wall divider. So here's what I've been doing:

Unzip the compartment when I pack. Stuff the end pocket space as main compartment space.

A30 laundry hack?-img_20181225_203510-jpg

But it doesn't totally fill that end pocket. It leaves a shelf, so I put shoes in there.

A30 laundry hack?-img_20181225_203525-jpg

Then, as the trip goes on, I move worn/dirty clothes (represented here by striped towel, though really it's little stuff like socks and underwear) from the main comparrtment to the end pocket. And it gradually balances out (ish). Because some stuff doesn't end up as laundry, especially if you wash as you go.

A30 laundry hack?-img_20181225_205324-jpg

I've done this for four trips, and it works great so far. I've tried using a plastic bag in the end pocket to prevent stank, but even without that, it's not a problem. By the time it matters, the trip is over or it's time for laundry anyway.

Usually I watch Doctor Who on Christmas night, but there isn't a new one this year, so here I am. 🤷*♀️

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great tip. I've personally found the laundry style packing cubes difficult to use and this will do the job better and is along the lines of what I currently do--by repacking the dirty clothes into a separate laundry bag. I'll try this method on my next trip. Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is brilliant! and kismet: iím traveling to thailand and in a few weeks with an A30 and was struggling over the laundry thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk