Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    London
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Western Flyer with running shoes (Nike Flyknit RN)

All

I'm so happy with how this has worked out I couldn't help but post, hope it helps others that are looking for a pair of travel sports shoes. I and many others have the 'how to pack the second pair of shoes' challenge whilst one bag travelling. My use case is business travel. For this I use the Western Flyer as I appreciate the slightly wider sections.

Packing the running shoes into the small packing cube and stashing them in the divided front section is not particularly revelatory - many have done this before. What I am pleased with is how well the Nike's compress flat. Anyone with either a WF or a TS knows that key to packing is getting things to lie as 'flat' as possible. The Flyknits have a very flexible heel and general upper*, and therefore when placed side by side in the small cube pack very flat into the front section under the water bottle pocket.

Here are some photos. These are size 10.5 US or 9.5 UK shoe. For the curious, the other thing that works great for me is the red packing cube backpack with the clothes in the other main section of the WF.

* note these trainers are not recommended to long distance running. But for me on business travel I'm not doing anything over 5k. I'm just visiting the hotel gym and wearing these casually to relax the feet after a day in the leather business shoes.
    Attached Images Attached Images Western Flyer with running shoes (Nike Flyknit RN)-dsc_0542-jpg  Western Flyer with running shoes (Nike Flyknit RN)-dsc_0543-jpg  Western Flyer with running shoes (Nike Flyknit RN)-dsc_0544-jpg 

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I've been looking for shoes that pack easily.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Those shoes are great. I often just pack them in a large zip lock bag. Iím size 7 shoe so not that big. But yes these flynit Nikeís are very good to compress down and pack. Expensive, but might be worth it for those looking for good packability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Iíve been looking for some lightweight gym shoes. These look perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Size 11.5 Flyknits, 3DOC with toiletries, pouch with pharma and first aid, spare glasses, and an elastic workout band, in a medium packing cube taking half the front pocket. Left plenty of room for ski clothes, laptop and work tools!

Western Flyer with running shoes (Nike Flyknit RN)-img_e3596-jpg