Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I underestimated the travel tray

I purchased a large travel tray a few months ago out of curiosity. I didn't think I had a use for it because I don't have anything I empty at night (it either stays in my purse or gets thrown away). I also keep a lot of bulky stuff on my nightstand that wouldn't fit in the travel tray. But I ended up keeping it and putting spare cables in it.

The time came for a quick overnight trip and I decided "lemme actually try this thing out". So I dumped it out and put in my away nightstand stuff: a multi-port usb charger, a charging cable for my phone and my Fitbit. I pulled the drawstring and collapsed it down into my overnight bag.

It's such a simple thing, but it made my life so much easier having all my night stuff in one place. This was over New Year's and we didn't get back to my friend's place until almost 3am. I had to be up at 6:30am to drive home, so time getting ready for bed was scarce. Being able to dump out the travel tray and have everything I need was amazing. And it was great in the morning as well, just dump my stuff back in, drawstring it, collapse it and put it back in my overnight bag.

I'm so glad I decided to get it and keep it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought of putting my night charger in the travel tray so that it's ready when I pull it out at night. I have always had a separate electronics bag but it always seemed like too many pouches. This makes lot of sense tho. I will try to do this from now on. Simplifying a night routine helps out so much! Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy-J View Post
    I never thought of putting my night charger in the travel tray so that it's ready when I pull it out at night. I have always had a separate electronics bag but it always seemed like too many pouches. This makes lot of sense tho. I will try to do this from now on. Simplifying a night routine helps out so much! Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    You're welcome! I initially was thinking of bringing my small snake charmer, but that was overkill for what I actually needed.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense to me to think of the Travel Tray as the "night routine" bag/tool! I almost always keep in mine an extra charger, a pocket pack of Kleenex, an extra hairtie or two, and some of those Listerine mouthwash chewable tablets.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I do too! My large travel tray lives in my A45 with my usb power strip, extra iPhone & apple watch charging cables, and an extra tube of lip balm. Everything I need at night, no matter where I go. When I get home, the travel tray goes right back in the A45 with all of it contents tucked in it.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're really handy. I have two large ones that I use to organize stuff in my bathroom and as a shower caddy for the gym. When I go on a trip all I have to do is dump stuff out of a tray and put it in my bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The small ones fit perfectly in my bathroom cabinet shelves to keep my tiny serums etc from falling everywhere.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my small travel tray. I use it daily in my nightstand as an organizer for my medicines. When I travel, I use a flat circular Apple Watch charger, circular Qi charger for my iPhone, and an old-lady style circular 7-day medicine organizer that all fit perfectly in the travel tray, along with a 6-port USB charger and its cables.

Even more so than my Cadet briefcase (technically my EDC), I use the TT more, as I don't (fortunately) have to use the Cadet on the weekends!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three travel trays by my bed at home: a small one inside a large one, and another small one. I don't remember who it was on the forums here who mentioned using a small inside a large, but it works nicely for me! I can put things between the outer large tray and the inner small one, to make the things stand up or to keep them sorted.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I have three travel trays by my bed at home: a small one inside a large one, and another small one. I don't remember who it was on the forums here who mentioned using a small inside a large, but it works nicely for me! I can put things between the outer large tray and the inner small one, to make the things stand up or to keep them sorted.
    That's an interesting idea! Can you take a picture of that setup? How much space is available between the two trays?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passagare View Post
    I love my small travel tray. I use it daily in my nightstand as an organizer for my medicines.
    While I like my UV travel tray, there's no way I could use it on my nightstand. (Those of you that do must not have cats!) Since it's light weight, anything I put in it would be strewn across the floor and who knows where the tray might end up?! (There's a fake fur pillow in my room that regularly makes it's way to the laundry room, at the other end of the house!)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    While I like my UV travel tray, there's no way I could use it on my nightstand. (Those of you that do must not have cats!) Since it's light weight, anything I put in it would be strewn across the floor and who knows where the tray might end up?! (There's a fake fur pillow in my room that regularly makes it's way to the laundry room, at the other end of the house!)
    I do have a cat, but my nightstand has side rails! My cat could certainly still do something with it if he wanted to, but he hasn't shown any interest.

@nolegrl, I'll take a picture later and post it here.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    That's an interesting idea! Can you take a picture of that setup? How much space is available between the two trays?
    Here's the picture! The tall white things in between the walls of the large and small tray are lotion bars the size of a standard deodorant, which gives you an idea of the size of the space there. (It's probably time for me to stop for a while, since I nearly wrote "detergent" instead of "deodorant"!)

(Yes, the floor is extra far away, that isn't some odd error of perspective. I have a loft bed--that's why there are those low rails on the sides of the night stand. The large travel tray is squished a little at the bottom to fit between the side rails.)

I underestimated the travel tray-img_1302-jpg
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos are Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I do have two cats, one of whom is purring up a storm on my lap as I type this, and I keep my STT inside the top drawer of my nightstand, not on top of it. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post

I underestimated the travel tray-img_1302-jpg
    I love my small TT, but it looks like I should have a large one, too! (Adds to wish list...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast