Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Spiff Art Kit

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiff Art Kit

Hi fellow Bihnions,

I finally got my Spiff Art Kit \o/

upper pocket: Color pencils + water colors
    side pocket #1: pencil sharpener + bottle cap for holding water
    side pocket #2: supplementary pencil leads + supplementary eraser
    pencil pouch #1: criterium + pencil + leads + eraser
    pencil pouch #2: ink pens with different color/thickeness
    one notebook (with an old drawing xD)
    the key-strap attached to the handle holds the pouches x)

Here the little story
    (I am French, my English is so-so u_u)

I kind of knew that the Field Journal wasn't for me (well it is discontinued so I was not tempted) because its organization was not what I was looking for my Art supplies/tools (different kinds of pencil, ink pens, colors pencils, water colors etc.) it was too "definitive" / "rigid" for me.

Then, even though I don't need a dedicated First Aid Pouch, I totally fell in love with the modularity of the First/Second Aid Pouch, so many way to organize according the situations... actually exactly what I need for my Art tools (since sometimes I just doodle with some ball-pens or pencils, and other times I need to make a colorful mess 8D)
    So, pretty good for the pens/pencils/etc. buuut it is a little too small !! (little too short actually)

And then I remembered the Standard Spiff Kit, long enough for different kind of tools, not as modular as the First/Second Aid Pouch but with little tricks, it will make it (I want to attach some pencil pouches and move them anytime...).
    From this moment, I made my mind about how to make it modular, the Standard Spiff Kit sounded an pretty good solution... but wait! If it was a little wider it would fit an A5 notebook!

And so, here my Deluxe Spiff Art Kit Embarrassment
    Like a more modular (for me) and lighter version of the Field Journal.

I was pretty proud of my idea... then I found that Ilkyway already made awesome posts about the so modular Spiff Kit Heart Eyes

By the way, packed it fits inside the bottom pocket of my Mars Red GES25

Spoiler for marsupialing inside my Mars Red GES25:

Last edited by Rei; 02-13-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rei that's totally cool! I make beaded jewelry - I may have to try this out, see if I can make a mini 'on the go' kit too.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Rei that's totally cool! I make beaded jewelry - I may have to try this out, see if I can make a mini 'on the go' kit too.
    the Deluxe Spiff Kit has some Jars, it may help Wink

If you do, I'd be happy to see some photos Embarrassment (with the spiff Kit or anything else)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Hi fellow Bihnions,
    Here the little story
    Greetings and welcome Rei,
    What a great post! Your English is far superior to my pitiful French. Thank you for making the effort!

I don't need an art kit at the moment, but you have inspired me to think of other uses for the Spiff Kit. I tie sailor's knots and make paracord key fobs and paracord zipper pulls. The Spiff Kit would be perfect to hold my tools, beads, and enough paracord for several projects.

Thank you for sharing! It is greatly appreciated!!! elisa

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This fantastic! Thanks for the great idea (and welcome to the forum!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    [...] I don't need an art kit at the moment, but you have inspired me to think of other uses for the Spiff Kit. I tie sailor's knots and make paracord key fobs and paracord zipper pulls. The Spiff Kit would be perfect to hold my tools, beads, and enough paracord for several projects. [...]
    Thanks Elisa
    I'd like to see it *w*

Edit: I'm pretty ok with English but I know I do make a lot of mistakes xD, French is a hard langage BTW (especially for French people xD)
    Last edited by Rei; 02-13-2019 at 06:37 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! I also have a Deluxe Spiff Kit (in Steel, lovely color) but I actually use it for toiletries. I like how roomy it is and how flat it packs if you don't overstuff it. Other toiletry bags are usually shorter but "fatter" , which makes it more difficult to find space for them with the bags I'm using. I can do a weekend trip with only my DLBP because the DSK fits perfectly in the lower pocket of the DLBP with a packing cube in front of it and there's still enough room for a big waterbottle and personal effects.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Looks good! I also have a Deluxe Spiff Kit (in Steel, lovely color) but I actually use it for toiletries. I like how roomy it is and how flat it packs if you don't overstuff it. Other toiletry bags are usually shorter but "fatter" , which makes it more difficult to find space for them with the bags I'm using. I can do a weekend trip with only my DLBP because the DSK fits perfectly in the lower pocket of the DLBP with a packing cube in front of it and there's still enough room for a big waterbottle and personal effects.
    Could we have some photos pwetty please *^* ?
    Edit: I think I found it on the Ilkyway thread xD

@birdio,
    thanks Big Grin
    Last edited by Rei; 02-13-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could we have some photos pwetty please *^* ?
    Edit: I think I found it on the Ilkyway thread xD

@birdio,
    thanks Big Grin
    You're right, I did post some pictures in that thread! I didn't remember that. I carry a few different things now in it, I don't pack the towel into it for example but keep my make up in a cute little pouch on the shelf. I can take a few more pics where you can see things a bit better when I'm back at home.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    [...] I can take a few more pics where you can see things a bit better when I'm back at home.
    Yes please do Big Grin
    just a Bihnion here

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t pack it, but here are a few more pictures:

Spiff Art Kit-7c6afb27-60e3-40b7-9d19-fdee3ddb0f96-jpeg

I love the color! Too bad it’s retired.

Spiff Art Kit-a672e920-6560-4ccc-b286-3358c455c58e-jpeg

Got this pouch from Etsy, especially to fit on that shelf. It’s holding my make up essentials. I only do my eye brows daily (because they’re blonde and almost invisible) and usually carry one lipstick for going out, nothing else. I don’t use foundation or stuff like that.

Spiff Art Kit-05744610-7d4c-4336-a325-fbbb5a387e8b-jpeg

A little bag hack — I cut the hook off because I never used it. I just use the handle to hang it from a hook, which is available most of the time. If I only have a rod I use a key strap to make a loop around it. Unfortunately I had to open the stitching with a seam cutter because there was no way I would have been able to get that triangle hook in there otherwise. But now I can either slide my glasses unto the triangle hook or I use it to clip a stuff sack to it to hold first my clean and then my dirty clothing (in icky showers without space to put things).

Spiff Art Kit-01583caa-285a-448e-8a68-f1cc5cac3e39-jpeg

In the bottom pocket of the DLBP. It’s a perfect fit!
    Last edited by b1gsky; 02-14-2019 at 04:24 AM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @b1gsky,
    Thank you! AW I love this color, too bad
    smart way to hold the pouch!
    just a Bihnion here

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pics are dead :,(

so here the first post again with the pictures Smilie

Spoiler for initial post:
    Hi fellow Bihnions,

I finally got my Spiff Art Kit \o/

upper pocket: Color pencils + water colors
    side pocket #1: pencil sharpener + bottle cap for holding water
    side pocket #2: supplementary pencil leads + supplementary eraser
    pencil pouch #1: criterium + pencil + leads + eraser
    pencil pouch #2: ink pens with different color/thickeness
    one notebook (with an old drawing xD)
    the key-strap attached to the handle holds the pouches x)

Here the little story

I kind of knew that the Field Journal wasn't for me (well it is discontinued so I was not tempted) because its organization was not what I was looking for my Art supplies/tools (different kinds of pencil, ink pens, colors pencils, water colors etc.) it was too "definitive" / "rigid" for me.

Then, even though I don't need a dedicated First Aid Pouch, I totally fell in love with the modularity of the First/Second Aid Pouch, so many way to organize according the situations... actually exactly what I need for my Art tools (since sometimes I just doodle with some ball-pens or pencils, and other times I need to make a colorful mess 8D)
    So, pretty good for the pens/pencils/etc. buuut it is a little too small !! (little too short actually)

And then I remembered the Standard Spiff Kit, long enough for different kind of tools, not as modular as the First/Second Aid Pouch but with little tricks, it will make it (I want to attach some pencil pouches and move them anytime...).
    From this moment, I made my mind about how to make it modular, the Standard Spiff Kit sounded an pretty good solution... but wait! If it was a little wider it would fit an A5 notebook!

And so, here my Deluxe Spiff Art Kit Embarrassment
    Like a more modular (for me) and lighter version of the Field Journal.

I was pretty proud of my idea... then I found that Ilkyway already made awesome posts about the so modular Spiff Kit Heart Eyes

By the way, packed it fits inside the bottom pocket of my Mars Red GES25

Spoiler for marsupialing inside my Mars Red GES25:

Can a moderator update my post with the pictures right links ?
    just a Bihnion here