Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenba BYOB 9 + Makers Bag?

I'm making the jump to a mirrorless camera system, so it's time to unload all of my old way too big DSLR storage systems and start anew.

I was looking at camera-specific bags and realized that what I really want, is something better suited for general carry (so I can more easily bring my non-camera related stuff) and add the photo organization to it. So, I'm considering getting a Tenba BYOB 9 (camera insert), which measures 9" x 6.5" X 4", and dropping it into a Maker's Bag. Has anyone else tried this? Any tips or hazards to avoid?

I feel like the beauty of this system would be that since I like to have a shoulder bag and a backpack depending on what I'm doing, I can pick a Synapse 25 down the road too and quickly switch my photo gear over.

Thanks in advance!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making the switch to mirrorless is liberating. I also use the Tenba inserts, BYOB 7 and 9.

The BYOB 9 fits great in a Pilot or the PCSB. I do not own a Makers Bag, so I cannot help with that. But I do own a Synapse 25 and, quite honestly, I don't like to use it with the insert. The insert usually slips to the bottom and that makes it difficult to access the camera.
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input! The BYOB 9 fits in the PCSB? I'm surprised to hear that, the PCSB looks so small!

I'm not too worried about the camera insert

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it fits quite comfortably in the PCSB. For me personally this combination works great when I go shoot. It is easy to carry and access and just the right size.

Quick snapshot:

Tenba BYOB 9 + Makers Bag?-tenba-resized-jpg
    Last edited by Artdime; 02-20-2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: added photo
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also got the BYOB 9 and I actually like it in the S25. If I'm traveling and not going to need the camera I can pack it near the bottom but if I'm sightseeing, I'm carrying less and I can pull it to the top (usually put my jacket or something underneath to help prop it up a bit). I'm a packing cube person though, so it's easy for me to Tetris a bit and get what I want where I want it for that day's activities. Even if I have to pull out a cube to get to the camera, it's all contained and easy to switch around. so I think to some degree it'll depend on how you personally pack. If you're more of a loose article person, then yeah, I could see it maybe floating around a bit more, the S25 is surprising cavernous.

It does also (barely) fit in the end compartment of the A30 (should that ever come up, lol).
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Travel Tray

...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.
    ― Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to follow up on my original question, I wanted to post an update in case anyone like me comes around searching for a similar solution...

I received a Maker's Bag this week and tested it with my BYOB 9 and played around with some loadouts and I am stinkin' pleased! I'm so happy with this solution! My 26oz Yeti with chug cap fits just fine in the bag (I was concerned that it would be awkwardly tall), and my 12.9" iPad Pro (2017) with Brydge keyboard fits well in the main compartment, and my 2018 15" MacBook Pro (w/ Touchbar) fits in there as well!

I wanted a bag that could be family outing first that accommodated my small camera rig, and this is it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk