Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Naples, Fla.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
    ... For leisure, I usually wear my runners, and will pack a set of Crocs or sandals as my 'waterproof down to the pool' footwear and occasional change up shoe...
    NOoooooo!! NOT Crocs!! This is 2019!!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psiddle View Post
    Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30Packing shoes in the A30

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psiddle View Post
    Heh, then I guess I'm really behind the times considering I wear Croc dress shoes for work too? Smilie

https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Swiftwa.../dp/B01A560PMG

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whee! I'm in the behind-the-times club too! I love my Croc sandals. This is this year's purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-...071JFQZLP?th=1
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a Crocs fan, because they don't fit my feet. I have, however, bought the Birkenstock version. Looks and fits like a Birkenstock, but made out of solid plastic. Great for washing the car. I keep a pair at work for when it's raining and I don't want to get my leather Birks wet when walking out to the parking lot.

So, I can't fault ugly shoes. I prefer comfort.

I remember back in the early 90's when power dressing was all the rage. I had my power suit on, but I wore Birkenstocks with it. I did keep some Aigner heels under my desk in case I really needed to look professional, but for all other times, I wore Birks. I actually had some ladies gasp and whisper, "Are you allowed to wear those?" Try and stop me.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fanny packs, man purses, fluorescent socks, mismatched shoes, bright jackets, bell bottoms, and Xmas sweaters never go out of fashion for me. The tour guide keeps track of me easily, “Where’s that bloke in the insane red down jacket? Ah, yes, there he is.”

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random update on this, I frequently buy quilt cotton for making baby blanket tops (for gifts, because literally every woman my age in my life is currently having babies. I have dogs.) or for making aprons (also for gifts, because I already have too many). The leftover quilt cotton sections from making aprons turns out to be a pretty good size for making simple drawstring bags that I can easily throw in the washer machine, so I'm making myself a couple of pairs of cotton shoe bags. Each shoe will have its own bag, then get stacked in the end pocket of my A30.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Each shoe will have its own bag, then get stacked in the end pocket of my A30.
    I'm using inexpensive nylon drawstring bags, but that's what I do. I pair of merino socks rolled up in each shoe, each shoe in it's own bag, stacked heel to toe in the end pocket of the A30. I can fit a small stuff sack in there also or an exercise band or something random.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm using inexpensive nylon drawstring bags, but that's what I do. I pair of merino socks rolled up in each shoe, each shoe in it's own bag, stacked heel to toe in the end pocket of the A30. I can fit a small stuff sack in there also or an exercise band or something random.
    Makes sense.
    This is a) to fill a need, b) use materials on hand, c) practice my hand-stitching. I've been wanting small sewing projects that I can take with me so that I can practice and this works great.

I'm going to try putting things like socks into my good leather shoes, but the canvas shoes pack so much nicer when just left flat. I can usually fit my Gorillapod tripod on top of the two pairs of shoes without straining the zipper at all.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try putting things like socks into my good leather shoes, but the canvas shoes pack so much nicer when just left flat.
    Ooh, what are these shoes that pack nicely flat? I've been looking for shoes that would do that (while also being comfortable to wear).

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might not be comfortable for everyone lol but on my last trip I used Xeroshoes Lena's as my everyday walking shoes, which are a zero-drop minimalist shoe with canvas uppers. They're a little snug on me and I think they're being discontinued (they seem to be on permanent clearance) but they have several similar options. I also have their Prio's and they pack pretty flat as well.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and I think they're being discontinued (they seem to be on permanent clearance)
    The Lena in specific has been displaced by a women's version of the Hana, which is a very similar design.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    The Lena in specific has been displaced by a women's version of the Hana, which is a very similar design.
    Yeah thatís what I was wondering. Iíll maybe try them, see if they fit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2