Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TSS Sizes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last question. I already have an Absolute Shoulder Strap that I use with my DLBC and Tristar. Is that overkill for the rare occasion that I just want to carry the PCSB to use the absolute? Is it going to look silly?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmcclellan View Post
    One last question. I already have an Absolute Shoulder Strap that I use with my DLBC. Is that overkill for the rare occasion that I just want to carry the PCSB to use the absolute? Is it going to look silly?
    To me it's overkill, but unless the fashion police stop you, I doubt anyone will care, so it's definitely the easy choice since you already own it

For $6 you can get a TB shoulder strap that packs a lot smaller, but isn't nearly as cushy as the Absolute

If you're interested in building future options, the $20 mini op-tech strap (same idea as Absolute, only smaller) from Amazon is a great option
    https://www.amazon.com/TECH-USA-Mini.../dp/B0001TST8U

I use the real Absolute on A45/A30/WF size bags... the mini on DLBC, Pilot, etc... and the smaller non-cushy/stretchy straps on the PCSB, TC, SK, SE, etc.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    To me it's overkill, but unless the fashion police stop you, I doubt anyone will care, so it's definitely the easy choice since you already own it

For $6 you can get a TB shoulder strap that packs a lot smaller, but isn't nearly as cushy as the Absolute

If you're interested in building future options, the $20 mini op-tech strap (same idea as Absolute, only smaller) from Amazon is a great option
    https://www.amazon.com/TECH-USA-Mini.../dp/B0001TST8U

I use the real Absolute on A45/A30/WF size bags... the mini on DLBC, Pilot, etc... and the smaller non-cushy/stretchy straps on the PCSB, TC, SK, SE, etc.

HTH
    Whatís the difference in the $6 strap and the $18 one that you can order with the PCSB?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatís the difference in the $6 strap and the $18 one that you can order with the PCSB?
    There is a bit of confusion on the straps that I hope will be cleared up today, but I believe the difference between those two straps is that one is 1" and one is 1.5" with a rubber shoulder pad. @G42 is that right?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the difference in the $6 strap and the $18 one that you can order with the PCSB?
    There's a wide variety of TB straps available

https://www.tombihn.com/products/sho...nt=16664457159

5/8 Shoulder Strap - 5/8" nylon webbing

Field Journal Notebook Strap - 1" nylon webbing

1" Shoulder Strap - 1" nylon webbing

Simple Shoulder Strap - Heavy duty plastic snaphooks with metal bail, 1.5" / 38 mm nylon webbing This is the $18 option on the PCSB page

Standard Shoulder Strap - .25" / 6mm texturized rubber pad, 1.5" / 38 mm nylon webbing

Absolute Shoulder Strap - .375" / 10 mm neoprene padding, Double-coated heavy duty metal snaphooks made in USA especially for TOM BIHN, 1.5" / 38 mm nylon webbing

Note that there's a newer type of webbing that is thicker and smoother (used on the grab handle of the new L12 & L15, etc) and we think that may be a new option, but we're waiting to hear from @Darcy.. there's a separate thread about our current confusion regarding the 1" straps, since there's both a $3 and $6 option right now, so hold tight

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all fantastic and helpful. Definitely worth at least $6 for a smaller strap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2