Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could choose ONE accessory for your travel bag, which one?

So here I am and I can't right now buy TB accessories but I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine. If you were me, what ONE accessory would you choose to try to make? What's been most useful to you on your travels and why?

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    food bag, because food is life (more seriously, easily pack snack like nuts and dried fruits without taking too much room once empty is a win-win)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta be the Travel Tray - it's great as a bedside companion, cable wrangler, snack chamber, stuff sack for puffy jacket, or airplane amenity kit.

Runner up: Snake Charmer. It makes a great dopp kit or clean/dirty packing cube.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does your food bag look like?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, because it is... a packing cube and a shoulder bag! I nearly always use them instead of my regular packing cubes because I like how colorful they are and how easy it is to tell them apart. (I have one in each of many different colors.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My most versatile accessory is a 3DOC. I have one for snacks, one for chargers, etc. But I think I appreciate my Deluxe Spiff Kit more because I have used so many toiletry kits over the years and I love this one. It fits so nicely in even my smallest travel bags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could only have one total, it's be a 3DOc, because it holds a lot and is versatile. Can be mini toiletry kit, or small purse in a pinch. If I could only have one type of organizer, but could have multiples of that one type, then it'd be a ghost whale. I have like 4 of them I'm carrying in my edc, with another 2 slated for travel.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key strap

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    What does your food bag look like?
    Right now, it is a "closing" cup, but I intent to sew an actual food pouch
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a dangerous thread. Some of the aforementioned items are ones I do not own, and now I'm wondering why.

For me, it's probably the PCSB for travel. I do use it for its intended purpose -- as a packing cube and then as my purse at a destination. I like that it will hold my sweater and my camera if need be, but otherwise, is super lightweight and stays compact.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB and 3DOC running neck and neck at two votes each! Anyone else?

I'm really loving my self-sewn pocket pouch and can see more of these in my future...

Elizabeth

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    PCSB and 3DOC running neck and neck at two votes each! Anyone else?

I'm really loving my self-sewn pocket pouch and can see more of these in my future...

Elizabeth
    They are so similar, just one is bigger and has a front pocket. Over the years, some people have asked for a 3DOC with an inside pocket. You could make one of those! :-)

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the laundry stuffsack is my favorite accessory because it's so damn useful. After that, packing cubes, then laptop cache, then travel tray.

In terms of imaginary accessories, I'd like a cache that can double as a super minimal laptop bag.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of like a field journal for laptops... (or tablets). Doesn't the daylight briefcase kind of do that? I must admit I just throw my padded laptop sleeve in my backpack and don't worry about the cache things.

Laundry stuff sack and travel tray are kind of on my list because I find their construction interesting. 3DOC isn't really because it's just a clear packing cube and I don't get what's great about that (pocket or not). PCSB on the other hand I can see a use for, apart from that I basically use my packing cubes to have suitcases in a suitcase so as to separate my clothes from other people's clothes and/or from work stuff, so I can't see that I'd want to unpack it to have a bag? Much more likely to take a lightweight packable bag. But if you are going somewhere you can properly unpack then sure.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3DOC doesn't have to be clear - I prefer the all fabric one for versatility. Before the travel cubelet, it was my summer just-the-essentials purse. It's also been my cords and chargers bag, and a small bits and bobs bag.
    Last edited by sturbridge; 03-26-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast