Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?

I looked but didn't find -- does the side kick fit into the side pocket of the A30? From the dimensions it looks like it's 2cm taller than the A30 end pocket packing cube but otherwise OK. I'm most likely to try to put a day purse into the end pocket and wanted to check sizing.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm certainly hoping that it will fit, because I've recently snagged a Mars Red Side Kick from eBay which I'm hoping to use in the A30 side pocket. I'm away from home at the moment but, if the bag has arrived when I get home, I'll certainly report back after giving it a try tomorrow!

I think it should fit, because I already have a Side Effect which I use in there which fits with plenty of space to spare. The SE is 5.1" tall per the website, while the SK is 7.5" tall, and there looks to be more than 2" clearance between the top of my SE and the inside of the side pocket... and I know a Clear Quarter Cube will fit in there and that's 6.7" tall. And of course the SK would "squish down" as long as it's not fully loaded. Fingers crossed!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25QKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went looking and found several posts saying it doesn't fit, but on the other hand I also found pictures showing it does fit. I choose to believe the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Here you go... Cloud SK in a Navy/NWSky A30... The SK fits fine, but if it and the A30 were jammed packed, there would need to be some wiggling...my A30 is brand new so the ballistic is still very stiff... it will be an even easier fit once it all loosens up

Attachment 20939

Attachment 20940

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is perfect procrastination! (I have the afternoon off, and have been mulling over doing an A30 test pack for a trip this summer, so this was the excuse I needed to retrieve the A30 from the top shelf of my closet.)

I put an iPad into the Side Kick, so it's filled to the top. I can zip the A30 end pockets, although it's a fairly snug fit.

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_20190404_124201620-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_20190404_124214900-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_20190404_124316242-jpg

Apologies for the lighting: my apartment is dark even at noon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    I looked but didn't find -- does the side kick fit into the side pocket of the A30? From the dimensions it looks like it's 2cm taller than the A30 end pocket packing cube but otherwise OK. I'm most likely to try to put a day purse into the end pocket and wanted to check sizing.

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1347-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1350-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1351-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1352-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1353-jpg

Side Kick with Aeronaut 30?-img_1354-jpg

Fully stuffed SK in the end pocket of an A30. Fits, although it is snug. I put mine to the left in the photo to show the corners, as the width of the A30 is bigger than the SK. If you put the SK in the middle, the zipper travels easier around the SK.