Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Briefcase as packing cube for Tri-star?

It looks like it will technically fit, but Iím wondering if practical. Anyone try it?

Note: I donít own either but thinking about buying the combo. Seems perfect for work travel.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeS View Post
    It looks like it will technically fit, but I’m wondering if practical. Anyone try it?

Note: I don’t own either but thinking about buying the combo. Seems perfect for work travel.
    Hi @LeeS,

The Daylight Briefcase will fit inside the center compartment of the Tri-Star -- as will many other bags. I don't know that I would use it as a "packing cube", since it doesn't particularly fill up any of the compartments of the Tri-Star completely in any of the directions when added. I'll add a picture to the DLBC in the Tri-Star from earlier forum posts.

HTH

moriond

ETA: OK, I'm going to point you to @milpool''s 01-05-2015 thread, Tri-Star and DLBCase, and extract a few pictures:

This is a packed Daylight Briefcase (400d Original Halcyon) in the center section of his Tri-Star:

And here he has opened up the front compartment of the Tri-Star to show the DLBC in comparison with the bag's cross-section:

You can read the original linked thread for more comments.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! This is very helpful.