Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Ghost Whales

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Whales

Just realized that the Ghost Whales are back in stock. Glad we live within one UPS shipping day of Tom Bihn because we're flying Saturday morning and I needed another ballistic A5 to hold Larry's Bose QC35 headphones. They fit very nicely. Got the Mars red for him and I already have the deep blue. Will put the attachments in mini GW inside the A5 so nothing gets damaged or lost. As long as I was ordering went ahead and got a 3DOC .... will take along a quart size bag in case we get push back from TSA.

We've gone on many cruises and usually check Briggs Riley 26" and 29" duffels as well as taking carryons. This is just a six night Pacific Coastal cruise with one night pre cruise in San Francisco and another post cruise in Vancouver BC. We're going minimal with a Smart Alec, Synapse 19, Briggs Riley 19" International and a smaller Tumi tote found at the factory store that color matches the Smart Alec wonderfully. No checked baggage I like the size of the Smart Alec much better than the Synapse 19 .... have been stalking ebay hoping another one would appear but no such luck. One of these days we're going to take a road trip to Tom Bihn and check out some of the other bags in person. "

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your coastal cruise sounds amazing. Iíve cruised before but have always wanted to do a coastal one. Kudos to you for really scaling down your luggage. I am not a light packer but I admire those who are. I totally agree with you about the Smart Alec. Itís one of my favorite bags and the most comfortable backpack I own. They appear on ebay once in a while, or you might try the trade forum to acquire a second one. Have a great time.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
    Just realized that the Ghost Whales are back in stock. Glad we live within one UPS shipping day of Tom Bihn because we're flying Saturday morning and I needed another ballistic A5 to hold Larry's Bose QC35 headphones. They fit very nicely. Got the Mars red for him and I already have the deep blue. Will put the attachments in mini GW inside the A5 so nothing gets damaged or lost. As long as I was ordering went ahead and got a 3DOC .... will take along a quart size bag in case we get push back from TSA.

We've gone on many cruises and usually check Briggs Riley 26" and 29" duffels as well as taking carryons. This is just a six night Pacific Coastal cruise with one night pre cruise in San Francisco and another post cruise in Vancouver BC. We're going minimal with a Smart Alec, Synapse 19, Briggs Riley 19" International and a smaller Tumi tote found at the factory store that color matches the Smart Alec wonderfully. No checked baggage I like the size of the Smart Alec much better than the Synapse 19 .... have been stalking ebay hoping another one would appear but no such luck. One of these days we're going to take a road trip to Tom Bihn and check out some of the other bags in person. "
    You could try the Tom Bihn BST (buy sell trade) group on Facebook. It isn't affiliated with the company but there were two Smart Alecs on there this week!