Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New iPad Pro Cache

I have a brand new iPad pro with the Apple Keyboard Cover and I've been using my 2017 MacBook Pro cache but it is REALLY tight. Like tight enough it feels like it may eventually damage the cover because the zipper is so tight (Its great with the Macbook it is intended for, the iPad Pro is just a tid bit wider and less tall in vertical orientation). Does anyone have the cache that's actually for the iPad that could assure me it will fit well with the keyboard cover on? I don't want to buy it and find out it is equally tight because e.g. it was designed to be used with a bare ipad.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always contact the fine folks at Customer Service for some help with cache sizing too
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer my own question, the 12.9" iPad Pro cache is slightly shorter and bit wider than 13" MBP cache. The dimensions check out with where the fit issues exist so I ordered one. I'll report back.

When I put my iPad in the cache is plenty tall but its tight width-wise making it really hard to zip. The MBP cache I have is the 13D. It is 11.97" x 8.11" while the 12.9 iPad pro is 11.75" x 9.3" That extra width should more than accommodate the iPad with keyboard case.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry late response. I have the current pen iPad Pro 12.9 inch with Smart Cover (not the keyboard one), and it fits perfectly. I have a leuchtturm pencil holder sticking out the side and I'm able to slide it into the cache without issue...well I make sure the pencil holder is pressed in beforehand. If you need pictures, feel free to ask.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím able to fit a 2018 12.9 iPad Pro with Brydge Keyboard AND Apple Pencil attached into the cache that was designed for it (12b if memory serves)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to ask the owners of these new iPad Pro cache...is there a pencil holder within the cache itself? (i.e how do you store your Apple Pencil)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyan View Post
    Just want to ask the owners of these new iPad Pro cache...is there a pencil holder within the cache itself? (i.e how do you store your Apple Pencil)
    No, I just leave it magnetically attached to the side. Seems to stay put well enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygranny View Post
    If the main question is about portability than take iPad Pro. If you will need programming in future then stay on MacBook. iPad is not about programming on any even middle level. It's more for designers, creators and other creative tasks.
    I dunno, iPad may not support running Xcode but you can use scriptable, pythonista, iSH (in beta), and several other apps to do scripting and general coding. True that the Mac is a /better/ platform but the iPad is pretty capable depending on what you need.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
    No, I just leave it magnetically attached to the side. Seems to stay put well enough.

Itís a good but tight fit. I can snap some pics later because I have the iPad Pro 12.9, the Apple Keyboard Cover and Apple Pencil. Iím contemplating moving my S25 to be my EDC for work, pleasure and travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk