Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

Hi all!
    I have 3 older portable consoles that I'd like to organise in the same TB bag or pouch: a PS Vita 1000, New 3DS and Gameboy Advance SP.

Just wondering if anyone had a side effect and thought it might be appropriate? I want something quite compact that I can just slip into my DLBP when travelling, and was hoping the Gameboy might fit into one of the two inside pockets of the SE perfectly!

Dimensions are:
    PS Vita - 8.4 x 18.2 x 1.9 cm
    3DS - 8.1 x 14.2 x 2.2 cm
    Gameboy - 8.4 8.2 2.44 cm

Thank you Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side Effect for Portable Consoles?-img_4731-jpg

Here are two of my daughter's consoles in my SE: Gameboy SP and a DS Lite.

The GB fits in the interior pocket with no excess room. I tried the DS in the exterior slash pocket and it fits though the presence of the GB pushes outward so that made the DS also kind of lumpy in that outer pocket if that makes sense. Even though we didn't have the same consoles, at least you know the GB fits in the pocket.

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that's brilliant! Thank you so much - I like how snug the GB is, and the cables would fit quite well in the other pocket!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy that these devices have almost become vintage gaming icons with the rise of mobile games. Very cool SE color combo up there btw!

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    It's crazy that these devices have almost become vintage gaming icons with the rise of mobile games. Very cool SE color combo up there btw!
    It is crazy isn't it! I much prefer having some tactile buttons to play on but I completely understand why people appreciate not having to take so many devices with them everywhere! Although, it's a great excuse for me to buy something TB... Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

I wish the SE I'll get would have that beautiful solar lining though... Did they ever do steel/cloud/nebulous grey with solar lining does anyone know?

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puncertain View Post
    I wish the SE I'll get would have that beautiful solar lining though... Did they ever do steel/cloud/nebulous grey with solar lining does anyone know?
    Solar was never paired with Cloud or Nebulous Grey since they debuted long after Solar retired, but there have been a few Steel/Solar bags! I have a Steel/Solar Smart Alec and I know there was a Steel/Solar Co-Pilot too. I don't know for sure about the Side Effect, but it seems likely.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, no way! I'll have to keep my eye out for a second hand solar SE...

Very envious of your SA though! I love the design of that bag and that colour combo sounds glorious

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not related to the Side Effect, but I was really happy to find that my Nintendo Switch fits great (and also with more room for stuffin') in the bottom-most front part of the Synapse 25!

+1 for tactile buttons, too. Those "old" systems are a treasure.

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toupee View Post
    Not related to the Side Effect, but I was really happy to find that my Nintendo Switch fits great (and also with more room for stuffin') in the bottom-most front part of the Synapse 25!

+1 for tactile buttons, too. Those "old" systems are a treasure.
    Oh, no way! I love it when you find those unintentional perfect-fits! Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

What are your favourite switch games? I can't quite justify another console right now but I love living vicariously through others!

Also how do you organise your games - the PS Vita has very similarly sized cartridges I believe! Or do you just stick to digital downloads? Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's super cool!

I really like the Switch. The quality of the screen is excellent, the ability to dock into a TV is great, and the ability to pop off the "joy con" controllers and have a 2-player game anywhere you go is really neat. It's also kinda fun to customize; I did a shell-swap of the controllers (grey to orange) and I have one with a far better d-pad for 2D games. And it uses the same USB-C charger as my android phone!

As for organizing the games - mostly, I do just digital downloads. But the few that I have purchased physically - most of the carrying cases I've seen have little knitted bits that hold about 5 of them. Actually, I've been using a grip to improve the ergonomics that has a built-in carrying space, too. Kinda weird, but it does seem to hold them securely!

As for games, I'll just mention a few:
    - I totally fell in love with Celeste, a 2D platformer about climbing a mountain, overcoming difficulties, meeting wonderful characters, and more, all wrapped up in beautiful pixel artwork and a lovely soundtrack.

- Wandersong is a delightful little romp about music and positivity.

- Baba is You is an adorable and clever puzzle game about not only bending, but totally rewriting the rules.

- Paying the $20/year for Nintendo Switch Online gets you access to a curated library of NES games, which is rather small and missing a lot of classics currently but has some gems that I've enjoyed playing very much on the Switch. I recently played through all of Mario 3, and I'm working thru The Lost Levels (so tough)!

Most of those are available on other platforms as well, but I really like being able to pause the system, put it to sleep at any given moment, and pick up exactly where I left off wherever I may have a chance to play next. The big Nintendo releases like Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and my most-played-by-far title Smash Bros. Ultimate, are also well worth the time and money! And I can't wait for Mario Maker 2 to come out this summer!

sorry, that was probably more info than you wanted...

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is absolutely no such thing as too much info!

I love your mods of the joy-cons! They make it look super cool and it is a cool-looking console to begin with! What I enjoyed most when the switch was first announced was how clearly it fits in Nintendo's evolution, taking cues from both the Wii and the Wii U and DS, but it's really great to hear that it has a good user experience too.

That grip is an interesting idea... I love all the accessories that people come up with around consoles, some of them seem like the designers had a lot of fun thinking them up Side Effect for Portable Consoles?

As for those games, Celeste seems like absolutely my thing! It looks beautiful, and I've put it straight on my steam wishlist! Thank you for telling me about it

Plus, Switch online does seem like quite a good deal! I had a few NES games on the Wii back when the store still worked and they really show you how much easier newer games can be.. Maybe it's just that newer games ease you into the more difficult stuff but the satisfaction of finally getting through a tricky Mario level without dying once is brilliant!

You've actually sold me on a Switch now... Side Effect for Portable Consoles? I love how passionate people can be about games and consoles though. I wanted to be a game designer when I was younger and hearing you talk about the Switch makes me want to go into that industry all over again

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha!! Yeah, honestly, I've spent the last decade just using Steam and not purchasing any other consoles - I was an avid Game Boy handheld owner back in the 90s, but hadn't even used any portable system in a long time. Now, if possible, I always buy for Switch! I actually didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

And yes - Celeste is my favorite game of the last several years, easily. I recommend it highly on any platform!

Forum Member
    United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really cool! I love steam too but the convenience of having something to play on a train or a coach is much more fun, I've always preferred to have portable consoles but often the games and especially ports of larger games aren't so good. I am going to have to pester my friend with a Switch if I can try it out now though!

I just bought Celeste and I can't wait to have some time to play it!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed this thread immensely. Makes me want a Switch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puncertain View Post
    I just bought Celeste and I can't wait to have some time to play it!
    That's wonderful, let us know what you think after you get some time with it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast